ID this ebike... (nvm, its Voloci)

There was one of those bikes for sale in the items for sale used section not more than 2 months ago. I forget the name of the company but i think this was the companies first and only ebike they produced, and they ended up not selling enough of them. Wish i could remember the name of it.

You couldn't just take a screenshot?
bike.png
nycewheels_2157_20468120

nice! thx...

http://www.pertrans.com/voloci.htm
The Voloci motorbike was manufactured and sold by Nova Cruz Products, Inc. during the period 2001-2003. Several hundred vehicles were sold, many of which are on the road. A combination of slow market acceptance and lack of capital led to the withdrawl of the product from the market. The assets of Nova Cruz were purchased by three of the company's original founders (including the Pertrans editor, Karl Ulrich) and reorganized as Xootr LLC, which thrives profitably today. Regrettably, the Voloci is no longer available for sale. R.I.P.

voloci-rear300.jpg

I just bought one for under $200. Such a deal for a piece of EV history IMO. I'm excited to see how it turns out with a little makeover!

Also curious about how stable the rear swingarm is with that suspension design. will find out in less than a week.

That's my wife in that video, riding the voloci in Boston. Mine still runs with original motor from 2003, Well built, I don't ride it much, prefer the ebike with pedals for the stealth effect. Skeet would you make a thread when you upgrade? I would like to see
what you come up with, 200 is a great price, I paid 1200 used.

BikeFanatic said:
That's my wife in that video, riding the voloci in Boston. Mine still runs with original motor from 2003, Well built, I don't ride it much, prefer the ebike with pedals for the stealth effect. Skeet would you make a thread when you upgrade? I would like to see
what you come up with, 200 is a great price, I paid 1200 used.

That's awesome! it seems like most of these bikes are somewhat localized around new England, although the one I bought is from Virginia. I have someone picking it up for me tomorrow. I have never seen one in person, but your video kind of put the size of the bike into perspective for me! It seemed a lot bigger/motorcycle sized to me before watching it.

I will definitely try to post a thread, I usually make a few youtube vid's of the before/after, this Voloci is not in the best condition...So I have my work cut out for me. I did buy a set of wheels from Stevil, I may need another set. We will soon find out if the stock wheels are salvageable.

I may have to bug fetcher to see if he has his 7 year old programming codes still :)

Scott

Picked up the Voloci at 9AM Yesterday morning, Should have her in hand tomorrow! It's going to be a fun project...just by browsing the web on these bikes you can tell they are not that common. I've read over every page a search engine could find, it seems 75% of the info is here(on E-S) already.

Back