Ikea Folkvänlig - $1000 ebike

Hej BlueSwede
I have been experimenting with this, and have discovered the following:

Long Press on M shows 36 right, and next time you long press M it shows 28?

Lets sort this out.
When you long press M and it displays 28, that is the Wheel Size in inch. You can press + and minus to adjust it between 16 Inch and 29 inch.
Lets say you set it to that you have a 16 inch wheel, when you are riding in 25Km/h it will show that you are rinding at much lower speed, (aprox 11km/h)

That means that the speedlimit is not from that place :(

When you Long press M for the second time, it will show 36 Right? That is the setting for the Voltage of the battery. You can Either set it on 36 V OR 24V :)
You change between the two by pressing the "Display Light" button, once. You can test it while your battery is almost empty, (so you see the difference, (when set to 24, it will show FULL battery although battery is empty)

Everything you try is at own risk :p

(detta experimenterade jag fram)
How do we disable the speed limit :(
No diavelo owner out there? :(

Usually the M trick works for those APT displays. Guess LS hardcoded the wheel size and speed limit into the controller.

Hi.
I own a folkvänlig and i think its a very good bike, but 25 km/h felt a little to slow.
So after some testing.......

I changed the wheel size from 28 to 24 inch by "holding M for 3s-here it shows voltage 36,release,holding M for 3s-here it shows Wheel size 28" and then pushing the minus.
After that i didnt notice any difference.
But after:
"display tured off and holding power and plus button" the screen shows 6f,then power of.

New settings seems to execute.

When i hold power and plus button screen now shows 6c.

After change to 24 inch, motor is helping me to about 29 km/H.

Downside is that your display km/h shows incorrect speed and you drain the battery faster.

Kör så det ryker : )

Try at own risk

Hey, that's so cool!! It worked on my Folkvänlig as well! :)

Only difference is that mine only shows the 6f message... never 6c. But it doesn't matter... after changing the wheel diameter and turn off, turning it on again by pressing [power]+[plus button] seems to save the new settings :D

It's raining here now so I've only tested it in my garage by holding up the front wheel and by the sound of it reducing the wheel size to 16" makes it even faster than 24" (in real life the difference might only be noticeable with some wind in your back.

Thank you for the tip!

Brgds... /BlueSwede

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
ambroseliao said:
How much does it cost? How much does the "license" cost?

They are trying to get rid of it, at around 2500CHFr (Swiss francs) (...about 2700 US$ :roll: )
The license for 45km/h MAX speed vehicles is "symbolic" in switzerland, like 65CHFr/year

still available... they now offer it with a -40% bargain, means 1794CHFr (..about 1800$) which might seem more expensive than the the "Folkvänlig" but is said to go up to 45kph

Back