Infinite Edit Time

Should we allow infinite edit time for posting or topics?

• Yes, keep it the way it is now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but can we set a time limit on how long you have to edit?

• No, you can't edit anything once you post it!

• No Opinion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nutsandvolts said:
Okay let me use other language. I very rarely use foul language. Yep you saw some recently. I also see subject lines with such language. I'm not usually the one in the middle of stupid conflicts. Fighting ideas yes, rarely with anything directed towards a person, but I do hold them accountable for what they are saying. You will never ever hear me intentionally insult a forum member because of their content or any othe reason. I have nothing to hide. So if you're so mad about this that you want to freeze the text, go ahead. What's done is done. I'm just a soul on two wheels. All I'm hearing is baby talk whining lately. My content would not be gone if people would have left that thread alone. And I decide if it's there or not. This is not the whine line.

not no more any longer will u get to decide.
from now on, once it's up, it's gonna stay there to stare back within u.
like u said:
nutsandvolts said:
Live with it.

Oh what a waste of time. In case you haven't noticed, I really don't care.

nutsandvolts said:
Oh what a waste of time. In case you haven't noticed, I really don't care.

not completely.
the future will be different.
there will be a little less carpet bombing.

anyone whose tripped across one ur crippled threads has noticed.
salting the earth of this sphere screams out that u don't care about more than urself.

The future will be different. Yes, I like that. Sounds familiar somehow.

You people talk. I've talked waaaaay too much.

Same final word on the CAUSE of what you're complaining about: my work was insulted, not just once, repeatedly. What is that I shouldn't do for money? Oh you'd rather listen to the real Bonnie Tyler, yeah? That's why the songs are gone. That's why everything is gone. You don't like my songs, you disrepect my work, and it's gone. Life works like that, especially if someone puts heart and soul into their work. And this insulter apparently wants me to apologize. Never. Forum occupied by mostly children. Now enjoy the swiss cheese effect because it was caused by disrespect.

nutsandvolts said:
I really, really don't care if those holes are such a big problem for everyone........... As for me, all is cool. I've never needed a forum to achieve. The best work is usually done behind closed doors.
nutsandvolts said:
Now enjoy the swiss cheese effect because it was caused by disrespect.
nutsandvolts said:
Forum occupied by mostly children.

Edit stays the way it is, is my vote. Oh hang on its over,

I think. :lol:

With the information posted on here its important to be able to update and or edit it, as someone may read this information one day and it may hurt or kill someone just because the information was erroneous and that edit button wasn’t there.

It's not hard for the intermediate EV enthusiasts to misinform beginners into a dangerous mistake. Given there are plenty of others that can rectify any missing or erroneous information.

I would even advise moderators be allowed to edit potentially dangerous advice.

nutsandvolts said:
Same final word on the CAUSE of what you're complaining about: my work was insulted, not just once, repeatedly. What is that I shouldn't do for money? Oh you'd rather listen to the real Bonnie Tyler, yeah? That's why the songs are gone. That's why everything is gone. You don't like my songs, you disrepect my work, and it's gone. Life works like that, especially if someone puts heart and soul into their work. And this insulter apparently wants me to apologize. Never. Forum occupied by mostly children. Now enjoy the swiss cheese effect because it was caused by disrespect.

u absolutely sur it's gone??? :mrgreen:
ya know, for someone so computer saavy (more than me anyways), u really have a naive view of the web.

317537 said:
With the information posted on here its important to be able to update and or edit it, as someone may read this information one day and it may hurt or kill someone just because the information was erroneous and that edit button wasn’t there.

It's not hard for the intermediate EV enthusiasts to misinform beginners into a dangerous mistake. Given there are plenty of others that can rectify any missing or erroneous information.

u answered ur own question.
a simple request to admin will cover any such contingency with the added benefit that any such editing isn't frivolous.

to hell with a new poll.
i forgot the sphere is ruled by an emperor.
and it's ass kicking time.
admin, consider quietly implementing an edit lock out, be it one month or six whatever u see fit.
then wait & see how many complaints u get 6 months to a year down the road.
people will simply assume that's how it is, shrug their shoulders & move on.

My personal opinion, don't say it if you don't mean it.

I used to hate the no edit policy on the old V forum, but now i understand it's purpose more than ever :lol:

Some hateful members use the edit button as a poke in the ribs, saying something bad to get a reply, then editing their post to make it look like the reply was being mean.. ( douchebagery tactics imo )

I'm in favor of the 10 minute edit time, fix typos, reported inacurate numbers, etc, .. if something needs editing after this period, report the thread with request or pm a mod.

Heck, i'm even of the opinion that no thread shoulud ever be deleted, period. locked threads included. it's part of history and should be available for future generations to read if they so chose..

but it's not " MY " forum, majority wins, and it's all up for discussion ! hehe.

edit : like many things in life, the few ruin it for the many..

I rekon 15 min is adequate. Live with what you post.

Removing one's own posts in spite is simply infantile.

Miles said:
Editing time is now limited to 60 minutes.

Perfect. Enough time to fix the botched photo/video display errors, clear up possible phrasing interpretation errors, fix spelling goofs, and let it be locked in.

I like.

60 min should work. Even in heated debates, a member can quote a previous post before it get retracted.

Hopefully, it will give members incentive to think and review before hitting the submit button, but that may be wishing for too much.

317537 said:

Posts should be allowed rather visible short comments (not necessarily at the end of the thread.) inside the thread, so if the admin thinks it's particularly dangerous, they can add the note. I'm VERY much against external-editing, that should be up to the jurisdiction of the author. Who has the right to rewrite everyone's history?

TylerDurden said:
swbluto said:
Who has the right to rewrite everyone's history?
Board owners. If you want sole control, you need to own your own blog.

As a matter of legality, you're right about that, but who do you think should have the right to rewrite history? Do you not think this power could easily be abused?

Exactly as is now being sent by PM to site administrator knightmb:

I hereby request deletion of my user account "nutsandvolts" from the phpbb bulletin board system hoated by endless-sphere.com.
If you require formal written notice for this request, please provide the name and address of who it should be addressed to.

nutsandvolts said:
I hereby request deletion of my user account "nutsandvolts" from the bulletin board systems hosted at endless-sphere.com.

oy, again with the deletion. :roll:
no dice pal.
ur being made a guru. :lol:

(i thought that's what Y shoulda dun when AJ baited him for a banning, that wudda learned him)

No dice? Oh we'll see about that. I will ask the admin if he requires formal written notice delivered by courier.

Back