Inflation

No, not the kind to do with money that makes us angry :)

How do you guys & gals inflate your tyres?
I've got a few ebikes & it seems like one of them always has a flat needing fixing + I make ebikes and sell them locally, so I got sick of hand pumps long ago :(

Have quite a few 12v/12ah sla batteries sitting around from the old days, so decided to put a couple to use and bought myself a small 12v air pump @ 37.5 litre's per minute. (no room for a full size compressor or time for maintanence on one).
Hooked up 2 of the sla's in parallel, got out the trusty duct tape and went to work. 10 mins later I had this :pimp my pump.JPG
Works like a little ripper !
Hung it from the top of the shed and the spiral lead goes to anywhere in my workshop. Also it's totally portable and can be taken anywhere.

This saves me more "stuffing around" time than I thought it would and has added a professional kind of feel to inflating.

That's the spiral lead hanging down from the top left hand side of the workshop.

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 448
Ripping good way to use the sla's left over from the noob days. 8)

I carry a similar inflator in my car, and it's saved me a few times. They work great, though I don't know how long one lasts. Having 4 cars, three trailers, countless bikes, etc. I couldn't live without a regular compressor. It makes me money though, running nail guns, texture sprayers, etc. My absolute favorite tool is the gun for removing lug nuts.

nice easy looking set-up, I have a similar compressor that ive used in my 4wd for re- inflating after a beach run, looks very easy to carry around the shed without ripping out a car battery, btw I like your shed looks like ebike heaven

From my time working for AAA, I can say that those cheap compressors(inflators really) are hit and miss! I've personally burned out two of them, and had multiple customers who had theirs break the first time they used them. Steer away from those "all in one" auto rescue tools.

On my old truck I rigged up a $50 wal-mart compressor to an air tank. The tank held enough air for about two small tires, and was portable. The compressor automatically kicked on when the air pressure in the system dropped below a certain point, so the tank was always ready to go.

The tank is good because it allows you to fill up a tire almost instantly. Apparently the difference between an air compressor and an inflator is the thank.

Cool setup, and I'm definitely gonna have to add a $50 craigslist compressor to my x-mas list!

Cheers guys.
dingotookmybaby said:
btw I like your shed looks like ebike heaven
Thanks dingo ... I seem to spend about 80% of my time in there.

auraslip said:
From my time working for AAA, I can say that those cheap compressors(inflators really) are hit and miss! I've personally burned out two of them, and had multiple customers who had theirs break the first time they used them
Your right, the cheap one's are shocker's and very noisy. I think they are getting better though ... I got 2.5 years use out of the last one and it was a cheaper model than this. This one was $70.

dogman said:
Ripping good way to use the sla's left over from the noob days
Thanks dogman. Here's what I did with some of the other leftovers ...
48v benchtop power supplyView attachment benchtop ps.jpg

Beefed up ups (haven't had a blackout since I made it though :roll: )beefed up ups.jpg

Back