Interesting info on a vendor...

DaLanMan

10 kW
I have been ordering battery cases off aliexpress. Hit and miss happiness with the vendors...

One was brought to my attention by my agent, he pointed out that he has never gone there to deal with a problem, and I am fairly sure he knows the owners or something...

In any case these guys Puro Battery Store have something I have never seen... on that link you will see deep and detailed info on the product, I have heard they are also responsive to questions about the stuff they sell.

So, I have an order in, for a larger unit than this, it still has not gotten here (ordered last week not expecting it) but wow, actual data and documentation... I am shocked, shocked I tell you.

Hailong cases suck. The panels for the switch and charger jack must be glued in by the user. The LED panel attaches to the cover, so removing it means you have dangling wires. Some of them waste space by including a cavity for a controller. The cradles have too many variations too.

These DP-poly cases are better designed. No glue needed, as the panels are molded in place. The wiring all stays on the base. In addition, I like the way the structural tabs extend all the way along the cradle to help support the battery.

I have a few Hailong cases here (some of the store bought Ebikes that I revived by simply getting battery packs on them) that use them, and it is nice to buy a case that fits directly onto the original base.

I have a Miclon that I was given because the stock replacement battery costs more than the bike, hailong 4 blade was the original, went to replace it, got a 5 blade box because I can't count, thought "ok, will just swap the base" and found that the control board is welded to the blades, and that is installed in the base, fully open to the air, bit of hot snot on it to seal it up. Thought about moving it, but it is directly connected to the battery blades, would require pealing the controllout of the frame it is not snotted into and then re-wiring it to.. there is literally no interior space it would fit to. So, ordered another case, and got it running and moved it along..

Only to have one of the local kids show up and say "I told my dad you got that bike working, so hey got me one that is broken and can you fix it?" Case #2 on order...

In any case, the actual original Hailong may have been crud (never saw one) the knock-offs I have gotten so far have been fairly nice. no problems except hating the barrel connector. I have a hate/hate affair with barrel connectors from years of being an IT guy and the only one who was good enough with a soldering iron to replace them on laptops.

well, my unit came in, and still in a battery desert so nothing done with it.

It is exactly as expected, showed up in 7 days, is actually better than the Hailong cases, so no clue who really makes it, but I ordered a few more because I like big batteries....

Back