Issue: VESC with Nunchuk works only with full throttle

RollingGecko

100 W
Hi,

I've now build an Arduino based Nunchuk replacement with nRF24 that communicates with the VESC over UART an takes also the measured values and gives them back to the remote. Currently I use 2812 to indicate for example voltage state. Later I will add a OED. I will soon publish everything.

I just added a small peace of code to the commands.c message handler. I added a message, that sends the nunchuk data and pasts them the the nunchuck app. So far so good. In the bldc tool I can see, that it reads the information of the y-axis fine.

My problem is now, that the motor starts spinning after the deadband with full throttle. There is no regulation possible. I don't think, that it is caused by my implementation. As I sad, on the bldc tool I can see a good interpretation of the y-axis joystick position.

With PWM and direct current setting over UART it works fine.

Any ideas?

Regards

Andreas

Nice! I was also planning to add a nunchuk command to the commands interface, but I haven't done it yet. I'm also planning to use the commands interface from the nrf app so that there is no need to add an extra arduino to read data, but I right now I'm working on the FOC implementation so I won't have updates for a while.

Are you sure that there is a problem? The nunchuk app uses current control and if you have no load on the motor it will accelerate to full speed even on very low throttle.

Ok. That can be the issue. I didn't try it with load. Just the gear and the roll. But I will !NOT! step on board for first test! Never the less it is still all on a breadboard.

I will try it this evening by holding the roll with my hand (till it get's to hot :))

Thx
@vedder: I can send you a pull request of my changes to BLDC. It is not that much. Take a look to it if you want to.

Currently I''m using a library for the nRF24 https://github.com/TMRh20/RF24 where send the measure data back as a acknowledgment message. So I've a reliable connection without any concerns with switching between receive and send. But I already think on a message based version similar to your UART implementation. Because once a display is attached to the remote, there will come also ideas for configuration etc. up.

Any suggestions are welcome. But I will not write a complete library for the nRF. So it schuld be a layer above the https://github.com/TMRh20/RF24.

It would be great to get rid of the arduino on the board site. At beginning I didn't understand anything of the code on the bldc. But now I'm able to adapt also own applications after hours analizing the code to find out how the UART works. I found yesterday the great explanation to the UART on vedders site. :(

Regards

Andreas

OK. First success. I reduced the motormax to 10A. That allows without load a good control. Pushing the c button holds the speed.

But: I'm not able to accelerate or deaccelerate with pushed cruise-control. :( Why?

And: Reverse does not work. There I will take a look in my code snipped added. Problem is only that I have to wait for a new programmer. I burned mine....don't ask :evil: :oops:

Back