issue with Nanjing Fardriver ND72360, probably a simple problem.

xoddx

1 mW
Not too long ago I made a post about this but now I'm posting again to clarify some probably important info I was unaware of at the time.

I recently bought a far driver controller for my electric bike project, but I'm having some issues with it when I try to use it. When I turn on the ignition I took from a dead throttle the controller beeps twice rising in pitch, and then turns off. The Bluetooth only appears briefly and is not long enough for me to connect. Additionally, the only way I can make it beep again is by unplugging the throttle and plugging it back in. I have tried 2 different brand-new throttles from Amazon, the motor is brand new, and the battery is 72V with good current. Is my makeshift ignition the problem or is it the controller? What do you think I should do to fix it? I attached a video of the issue and my wiring to check for any issues.

Habe you meaured the voltage at the your switch and at the Orange wire from the Fardriver?

Yeah, I don't know if this is normal, but when the key is not turned, it ramps up to crazy voltage like 110+, and then descends back down to normal, and when I turn it on it regulates to about 7 volts.

My Fardrivers start with 72V at the Orange wire coming from the battery and the key switch.
Probably your switch is dead. I would try a different swicht or wire it without the switch to see if them turns on.

My Fardrivers start with 72V at the Orange wire coming from the battery and the key switch.
Probably your switch is dead. I would try a different swicht or wire it without the switch to see if them turns on.
I might want to also add that the switch does nothing after the initial switch after turning it on unless I reset the throttle. The switch came from a dead throttle so that probably is the issue. Thanks for the help, and also how do I wire it without the switch?

72V plus from the battery trough a 1-5A fuse to the Orange wire.
Then you can be shure if you have a dead switch.

Back