Jbd smart bms heads up

m3vuv

100 W
Just a warning to folks,i brought this jdb smart bms that can be wired fror a 10s too 17s pack,i ordered one suitable for 13s,the instructions to wire it that came were chineese gibberish,they mailed me a diagram of the wireing for 13s ,i also brought an lcd screen for it to display the cell soc over rs485,on connecting the screen and with the bt app all i got was 11 cell groups displayed,13s.png

I am thinking to buy this smart BMS for my 10s pack. Are these smart Bluetooth BMS modules drain batteries when not in use?

I am thinking to buy this smart BMS for my 10s pack. Are these smart Bluetooth BMS modules drain batteries when not in use?
Technically, yes, but very slowly. Most of them draw less than 30ma constant. They have to in order to make it possible to connect to the bluetooth at any time.

With a larger ebike pack it doesn't matter unless you will leave it uncharged for more than a year.

Cheers

Older APP solved the issue .... now the BMS seams like to be working as it should

I also wrote a message in the message center on QUCC Official Store of Aliexpress that says:

Fortunately there is a very useful forum on the net where I discovered that using the old APP version 3.1.1026 I can adjust all the parameters I need.
I am a mechanical engineer who works in the automotive sector and I use an electric scooter as a means of transport where I installed the battery, motor and controller by myself using the components available on the market.
Please write this message from a mechanical engineer to your software engineer: " This procedure where you have to authorize the BMS owner to adjust the parameters is one of the biggest bullshit I've heard in recent years because when a customer buys your BMS must have access to change the battery parameters within 2 hours of turning on the BMS."

Probably I have similar problem. How long it take to get authorization or propably you did not got it before you loaded older App version?
I updated good quality cells (checked each before installation) to ebike (BH e-motion Neo) and also changed BMS ((JBD smart BMST 7-15s, I using 10s solution). First, it looks it work well, output 40v, capasity 13Ah, but after I connected it to ebike....after 2 second bms shutdown. By using app, I can see capasity 0Ah, but battery sell voltages still show ~4v each/pack.
Anyidea? Does the older app (mentioned above) help me set right parameters to BMS or is there some other problem?

I applied 2 weeks ago and still no authorisation. Old app is the way to go.
Thanks. Some difficulties to install older version, so installed Overkill Solar appfrom gogle play and checked default settings. Minimum battery voltage was set to 39.5V (!!?? how come) and caused shut down immediately after activated ebike load. I changed it to 36V and now its work well

Back