Just a beginner and need some help

Trex135

10 µW
I have a Vsett10+ 28ah battery, stock motors.
My goal is lightly higher speed and regerative braking.
I struggle with the settings and dont want anything to break.

My controller is the spinted ubox v2 dual 75v 100A
After Autosetup motors, the data shows like 93ah per motor.

So far i am a little proud of myself. Never done anything like that. Soldering and stuff.
Lights are working fine, my spin y2 throttle works.

BUT

Real time data shows it only speeds up to 41mph. Thats much slower than before. 41mph without any person standing on it sounds pretty much like a downgrade.

Next thing i want to do is to set up display, maybe change to thicker motor wires and buy a bigger battery or maybe stronger motors.

If somebody could teach me about the whole thing i would be so grateful!

How do i know what to put in "Motor Current Max", Motor Current Max Brake, Absolute Max Current, or some other important settings?
Which settings speeds up my scooter in general? I know i sound dumb but i have to start somewhere.

Thank you very much!

Your questions need to be more direct. Did you replace the stock controller with a VESC? If so there are many good VESC tutorials that you can watch/read.

In general you can get more speed by increasing system voltage, changing the motor for a higher rpm/v version or enabling flux/field weakening on your controller *if* it your controller supports it and you know what you are doing.

Perhaps before diving into configuring a VESC controller you may need to brush up on some basic ebike terminology etc... which will help you understand the VESC setting much better. There are some excellint sticky threads on these forums or some great articles at:

Your questions need to be more direct. Did you replace the stock controller with a VESC? If so there are many good VESC tutorials that you can watch/read.

In general you can get more speed by increasing system voltage, changing the motor for a higher rpm/v version or enabling flux/field weakening on your controller *if* it your controller supports it and you know what you are doing.

Perhaps before diving into configuring a VESC controller you may need to brush up on some basic ebike terminology etc... which will help you understand the VESC setting much better. There are some excellint sticky threads on these forums or some great articles at:
Thank you very much. My scooter is running, but i dont know how i can increase the top speed(only with field weakening). Never found an option for more voltage input. Thought this is only possible with higher voltage battery.

Could you explain to me what the dangers are from to high field weakening. I hava a 60V 28ah battery.
Someone mentioned to pay attention at the bms and the ah from it. Didnt know what he meant.

I dont know what difference it makes if i chance Motor Current Max setting or Absolut Max. The speed stays the same. But i am pretty sure i will drive my controller to hell if i apply 40A FW and cruise full throttle for a longer time

Real time data shows it only speeds up to 41mph. Thats much slower than before.
How fast was it before? According to the Vsett web site top speed is up to 70kph-80kph 43.5mph-49.7mph. how fast do you want to go on 10" wheels? and is it in sports mode 46mph-50 mph?
later floyd

How fast was it before? According to the Vsett web site top speed is up to 70kph-80kph 43.5mph-49.7mph. how fast do you want to go on 10" wheels? and is it in sports mode 46mph-50 mph?
later floyd
Between 90-100kmh(62mph) would be my goal.
Before max was 80 but took long to reach it.
Now i am pretty fast at 75 and maybe i can reach 80.

Accelareation gone through the roof. Much responsive and faster.

To make sure I understand everything correctly:
My Spinted can output a maximum of 75V and 200A?
Are the 200A referring to the battery or motor amps?
It must refer to the battery, right? Otherwise, I couldn’t output/receive 120A per motor from the controller.

So, if I have a battery with a BMS that has a 150A discharge capacity, could I get more power? This mostly affects acceleration because the electron flow depends on the voltage, which is for top speed. These so-called 150A could only be used for more field weakening to achieve higher top speed?

The controller can only send as many amps to the motors as the BMS allows?

Is that correct?
With better 60V batteries and higher bms capapility, i should be able to get where i want or maybe faster, but it would come down to heat control?

Back