Justin made Hackaday

Finally, after a year, Justin's adventure finally made hackaday.com. For quite a while the site been featuring ugly jerry rigged electric bike with roller system rubbing the rear wheel. After mentioning him for quite sometime in the comment section, he's now featured on their site. Hopefully this will get more attention

http://hackaday.com/2009/08/19/e-bike-across-canada-for-10

Will just have a look at that. Huh! Well, any publicity is good publicity for the modest Justin, buuuuut,
there are these comments left by...WHO are these types, anyway?
The lifecycle cost of the bike including the cost of the bike and batteries
would be more than the gasoline required to drive the same route.

Posted at 6:36 pm on Aug 19th, 2009 by awam

@awam: perhaps, but would it be more than the lifecycle cost of the car including the car,
maintenance, insurance, gasoline, and taxes required to drive the same route?

Posted at 7:11 pm on Aug 19th, 2009 by dokein

or he could just use an arduino.

Posted at 8:01 pm on Aug 19th, 2009 by anon

does it run linux?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Justin deserves more kudos than any other single e-bike DOER in the world.

Agreed? Any "rivals"? You know, there are super duper people in this world of ebiking,
but there's ONLY ONE who designed and has made for years now, the Cycle Analyst (formerly called Drain Brain).
And only one man in the world ever to cross all of Canada by ebike!

That is more than any "hackaday" nod of rubber roller friction drives.
The "nod" of hackaday, sounds like, to comical-me, as if, in this case, that...(ready for a space cadet joke?)

...Ford Motor Company of 1922, via Time Warp :roll: ,
is giving a nod of mild approval to the 2009 Honda Corporation,

or something on that order of out-of-touch reality.

True! :wink: Go to this link: :D Detroit 7349,
and ask the Operator to hook you in to Ford's Future Concept Department.

Maybe 1922 will congratulate Justin, too! mildly.

"edit" not an edit, but to get a url-grab to send to Justin, who just does not have time to follow these boards,
but who likes to know when he's honoured, right and proper, by WE THE PEOPLE, who love him and Zev and the whole team, to LIFE.
edit two: "by" not "but" the people...sdexlia stocks and right eye sees at a thirty degree angle compared to the left eye. ducking cop who beat my head;
see THE HAVEN link below? Also, Justin, the URL I emailed to you requires manual stripping of netscape webmail prefix junk, and then manual pasting into your addy bar; but you know this already, or would not be able to read this, but you are a smarter cookie than me or netscrape.

Takemehome said:
Zoot Katz said:
The intro by Mikey Sklar says the journey from Vancouver to Halifax took 30 days.
July 30 to Sept 29th is closer to sixty days.

Obviously he's not an Auguste man :lol:
A-greed! :D (I love to pun).

That guy is a...ready freddies? That guy is a FUEL ((fool))
:wink:

The comments on the hackaday site are typical to the site, they aren't a stab at Justin. For instance: the arduino and linux comments are running in-jokes on the site, someone later gives him his props for using a microcontroller to run the logic of his controller.

Back