• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Kelly vs Sabvoton Controller review 2017

Kelly controllers I bought both blew fets during regen. One after the other. I lost a lot of money and they refuse to even help. The first controller I recieved had bad firmware. They wouldn’t let me send it back. Made me go through all the trouble to update the firmware on a brand new controller. Worked fine. Set regen to 50%, worked great for a day. The next day I hit regen and after it came to a stop, bang!. Wouldn’t take it back or refund. I was eager to get bike going so I purchased another neither agreeing or disagreeing I messed up or they messed up. $180 down the drain. Got the second. Spend 2 days professionally quadruple checking every single connection and insulated every wire correctly. Worked great. Again when I began setting regen(the only reason why I got controllers from Kelly despite all the bad reviews) I this time set to 25% current. Worked great. For about 5 minutes. Again, after coming to a stop, bang! No support. No help. Won’t even respond back. Let’s not forget they sold me controllers advertised at 220amp, and after receiving them both have 180 amp max on both controllers. They refuse to comment.
We are having issues getting any decent regen on our Kelly KLS 6022H 250A controllers and I read that you had good regen braking (before it blew). What settings did you use?
Tried variable braking, with another hall-effect foot throttle I had laying around and it only provides the same braking. Faster you go the more regen but at slower speeds there is barely any and would need mechanical brakes.
On our old cart we have used PMDC motor with Curtis controller and it gave excellent braking. Starting to think the controller can't do full braking but confused as to why you would have variable braking (another installed pedal) that wouldn't fully brake so you would then need a 3rd installed mechanical brake?

Back