Latest road and single track weapon.

If you want a fuss free programming cable, I believe this one is a good way to go. http://www.empoweredcycles.com/products/usb-programming-cable-8fun-bbs02-mid-drive-motor

Yes the drive is ridable without programming. Throttle will feel the same as stock.i.e, rubbish.

You could use a single switch to switch both controllerson at the same time but the circuits would need to be kept separate. Just use a double pole single throw switch for the job.

"Sorry we are currently sold out, ETA mid April"

I have some 42" cables to fuss with. Those short cables are not very convenient.

Hello Kepler.

What a nice build! That case is awesome.

Thinking about installing motor to some enduro bike. Maybe will build same battery box, just need to tighten it to bottom tube without bottle bolts. What dou you recon, what mount to use, no need to have it detachable.
I just come up with U shaped holders and piece of rubber between frame tube.

Thanks and lot of sucess.

My "half" enduro nov. :)))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 2,832
Thanks.

Dont u have problems on harder trails? Motor looks quite low.

I do bottom out occasionally but only on the bigger log crossings. With the big tires and 29" wheels, the clearance is suprizingly good. When I first built this bike I thought this was going to be a major problem but it turned out to be quite easy to manage with a bit of riding technique and understanding the limits. Even when I do occasionally bottom out on a log crossing, the bike tends to skip over the obstacle without a problem.

Terrain that might do damage to the motor like sharp rocks I tend to avoid.

Hey Kepler
Your battery box would win any beauty contest, and it looks like in this particular frame the swingarm pivot would foul but, in order maximize ground clearance, has anyone snugged up a bafang BBSxx above the downtube in the valley with the seat tube? There are a few dual suspension frames out there now where the downtube rounds out flat near the bottom bracket and I'm wondering if the BBSxx might fit up there?

The only way you will get the drive above the BB is with a custom built frame. There are a few examples of this around.

The curved bottom tube on most late model mountain bikes is a pain with the way it reduces your ground clearance. I fitted a 10mm longer rear shock to give me a bit more ground clearance and added the bash place to protect the drive when jumping logs.

It is pretty rare that i bottom out with this bike though and if I do, the bike tends to skip over log anyway.

Sub'd! Don't know how I didn't stumble across this thread earlier. So Kep, whats the ready to run weight? BTW, very awesome build. Of course we expect nothing less from the mighty Kep.

Attachments

• 2141600_2017_A_2_Fuel_EX_9_29.jpg
    2141600_2017_A_2_Fuel_EX_9_29.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 1,748
Back