Leed E-Bike Kits in Mountain Green, Utah

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
... gets a mention on the Daily Herald newspaper site in Provo, Utah "Utah business makes it easy to convert any bike to electrical":
http://www.heraldextra.com/business...cle_0c7fa763-fdfa-58f3-9cf5-70cfa1ba47af.html

And Leeds site:
http://www.e-bikerig.com/

Though his company is based in Mountain Green, Utah, and Merrell owns a home in Lehi, he currently runs his company remotely from Washington D.C. Merrell is a military veteran, and still works with the military there. The company is small, only employing a handful of key employees, but it pulls in more than $1 million in sales each year.

Carry on Mike. G'Luck! :)

Cool. My fist ebike kit was a leed kit. I liked how simple it was to convert a bicycle to an ebike. But, as usual I moved on to bigger and better things.

My 2¢ about Leed.

I’m a fan of small geared-hubs for their installation and operating simplicity. The bike I use for hauling home groceries has a 350-watt front hub from Clean Republic. It’s a nice package and adequately strong for 7% grades with moderate muscle assist. The weight of the bike with the CR battery and hub is 46#.

To me, a pedal bike kept lightweight and simple is just plain fun. With a goal of adding power assist while keeping the bike more like a bicycle, I bought Leed’s 250-watt front hub. Unlike the CR 350 which has a variable thumb throttle, the Leed 250 has a simpler on/off button that works very well to quickly add a bump of assist as needed. The 250 will climb the same hills as the 350 but it requires more rider energy. Both CR and Leed sell the same Bafang 250w hub, but Leed offers it with a nifty little battery and BMS they call the PBJ. It’s obviously very range limited, but perfect for my minimalist application of e-assist. I wanted to buy just the Leed hub/controller/battery and lace my own rim, so there was some back and forth email with them. Maybe it was a quirk, but they were on it with an after-hours reply. There was going to be a delay in shipping the battery and they were up front with that, and offered to substitute a larger battery for the same cost. In the interim, they shipped everything else so I could get started on the wheel. Email from them continued about the pending battery, and it’s shipping info. Customer service is kind of an understatement with Leed, they are a very impressive company.

The bike, created from a 7-spd Trek Shift-1, turned out better than expected. The PBJ is in the top-tube bag.

sml%20P1060190_zpslyfx5evu.jpg

Back