Left Handed Throttle. Is there such a thing?

snowcrow

100 W
My bike has the twist grip shifters, which I like 8) , but having a right handed throttle screws up my down shifting the rear derailleur on hills while still maintain throttle at the same time :| I hardly use the front shifter at all under power, just when getting up to speed on a hill from a dead stop.

Is there such a thing as a Left Handed Throttle ? :roll: or can you turn things around inside to make it left handed ? Has anybody done this ?

Blessings. Snow Crow

I know they can be purchased left handed ( ebikes.ca might have that for you, another source would be stokemonkey.com ) ..

You could just mount it to the left and twist forward.. ( not natural but you'd get used to it ) .. or place the rear shifter on the left side of the handlebars.

I have a standard twist throttle mounted backwards on the left h/b, no big deal. Except when signalling for a left turn, have to loose e-assist and pedal like crazy.

You get used to almost everthing. amazing this brain of ours.

d

I bought a left hand thumb throttle for the same issue from these folks:

http://us.itselectric.ca/SearchResults.asp

They also had the conversion wire for my BD36 application. Too bad I can't make this system work yet! (controller)

Thanks for the info guys, I never thought about the signalling left issue, :shock: safety first!! I think Ypedal's idea to reverse the shifter will work just fine, and maybe the safer of the two options in the end :roll:

I'll let you know how it works out 8)

Blessings, Snow Crow

Since I commute street riding, I only need the front gears to shift if I break down. Due to handlebar space issues, I ended up removing the front derailur and shifter and put the twist shifter for the rear on the left, mounted backwards. To me it's perfect, since I can manipulate shifter and throttle at the same time, and now the shifter works so that go faster is roll it towards me, as it should be. I get all confused when I ride my trail MTB now though. I might have to flip stuff on that bike too or go crazy.

Having the shifters reversed is a wonderful thing :D !! Its just going to take a little getting use to.

Blessings, Snow Crow

Back