LiFeBATT Group Buy Cancelled!!!

Battboy

10 kW
Hi folks, I think you should all know that the "Group Buy Offer" is cancelled. The organizers' of this could not meet the agreed to sales, and in fact refused to disclose those numbers to u,s within a specified time frame. I am sorry and am posting this just to set the record straight. LiFeBATT comitted to a 10,000 lose cell order for a specific time period that we promised to deliver on. The Organizer's could not even give us an accurate account as of two days ago. It therefore gave me no choice but to stop the transaction and this is just business - pure and simple folks. This has resulted in our Canadian Distributor to be terminated by LiFeBATT and we no longer can assume any resposibility for what this Group Buy may be still offering.

Sincerely,

Don Harmon

The Australian LiFeBatt distributor still hasn't replied to my request for cost/freight charges, so considering I wasn't even been able to place an order, I respectfully suggest your network may have to look at itself to include reasons for delays and low numbers.

Well I'm going to kick back and watch repeats of Friends...

Ah maybe they have a different timeframe than the group buy closure date? If they contact me and the price is right I have no problem continuing with an order. I have no doubt about the cells.

Otherwise sit tight and wait, I'm sure there will be someone smarter than me will point us to the next oppourtunity soon.

edit Don seems to be suggesting on other threads on this forum there is still a hope through the non US distributors, I'll ring Ben again tomorrow. Seems odd to cancel one order partly due to insufficient quantities, and continue with others.

I'm Still Alive---Harmon just said I was Terminated

Harmon is sort of correct except when he wanted the Total Number of Orders 2 nights ago I said I had a meeting set for June 26 and a potential order for 14,000 Cells and I would get back if that went through and add that to the total so far.

Somehow Don Harmon saw that as my refusing to give him a Total to date and Don told me to shut down the Group Purchase for LifeBAtt Cells, which is what I did and then I Booted Don out of the Group because he was not going to be buying any cells or packs from Headway so why have him remain in the Group?

Funny too because I never said I would give Harmon a day by day total. I am too busy to add up the numbers day by day (not in my job description).

As a Group I believe we are now far better off without Harmon and LifeBatt involved.

I have read lots of nice things on E-S about Headway and their Marketing Rep "Victoria" and hopefully the Group will stay with Headway from here on in.

I feel a lot Cleaner now too

^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^

this is f*cking hilarious....

I saw this coming the day the lifebatt group buy was announced.

Hope no one lost any money on this....

Joshua Goldberg said:
I'm Still Alive---Harmon just said I was Terminated

Harmon is sort of correct except when he wanted the Total Number of Orders 2 nights ago I said I had a meeting set for June 26 and a potential order for 14,000 Cells and I would get back if that went through and add that to the total so far.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, folks - a patented Goldberg tactic here. His potential order for the 14K Cells was based on complete "turnkey packs" which he knew when he wouldn't give me a Cell count.
Our agreement was purchasing "loose cells" not completed packs.

Come on Joshua - you can do better than that! :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Don Harmon

Just remember you are getting Headway Cells, not LiFeBATT Cells on this offer now.

Best,

Don Harmon

Ever heard of libel?

so the Group Buy Organizer's will be pocketing your dollars and substituting Chinese (PRC) product for Taiwanese (ROC) product.

the group organisers have already stated the cost per cell would be about half and what company they would be from, the total cost of completed case with bms charger wiring and cells would be roughly the same , they are working on costs now and would post once they heard form other manufacturers

the Group Buy Organizer's will be pocketing your dollars and substituting Chinese (PRC) product for Taiwanese (ROC) product.

That is one heck of an accusation to level at someone, tantamount to proclaiming publicly that the group buy organisers are thieves. The clear inference to be drawn from this comment is that the group buy organisers are attempting to swindle buyers, by substituting an inferior product for the same price, which I don't believe is the case (although I will admit to not having seen any published details of the new group buy, as I've not been able to find it on this forum - probably my lack of skill in trying to find it).

If it were me, then I'd be inclined to consider retracting that comment, before someone takes umbrage, copies this page of the ES evidentially and starts a case for defamation.......................

Jeremy

Doc tested a few of the 8ah variety of headway cells and from the little I read thru the thread they seemed to do well.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3374

Well. Isn't this very professional. I'm retracting my request to buy LifeBatt cells. I'm out. I have little faith in a company who's employees bicker amongst themselve and trip over each other's feet. :roll:

Jeremy Harris said:
the Group Buy Organizer's will be pocketing your dollars and substituting Chinese (PRC) product for Taiwanese (ROC) product.

That is one heck of an accusation to level at someone, tantamount to proclaiming publicly that the group buy organisers are thieves. The clear inference to be drawn from this comment is that the group buy organisers are attempting to swindle buyers, by substituting an inferior product for the same price, which I don't believe is the case (although I will admit to not having seen any published details of the new group buy, as I've not been able to find it on this forum - probably my lack of skill in trying to find it).

If it were me, then I'd be inclined to consider retracting that comment, before someone takes umbrage, copies this page of the ES evidentially and starts a case for defamation.......................

You are right Jeremy, and I retract my statement. Since we are OUT of the OFFER now, I have no details of the new value proposition and should not comment on it. Sorry folks, it was a sleepless night and I apologize for going overboard here. :mrgreen:

Don Harmon

But just so you know, he's aware that cell cost will be less, and has made the group aware from the beginning that the cell cost would be about half. They're just working on what direction to go next.

You two should stop fighting.

I think the hard part about all this, is that NO ONE has faith in you OR him, and from what I can tell, there's no reason for people to actually HAVE faith in any distributor for lifepo right now. People have been repeatedly ripped off so they order from Places like electricmotorsport, beepscom and others that have an actual stock of batteries they've brought in to start selling. They have product... its not sitting in some overseas warehouse.

This group buy scares alot of people beause while you're all fighting, and trying to get orders, people aren't seeing anything tangible, other than "hey, give me your money, in 2-3 months I'll send you some cells". Its hard to part with a huge wad of cash only to wait and HOPE that they come in, and that you're a trustworthy seller.

I don't think the tone that you've shown towards most of the people you've talked to is very professional. I'd recomend sitting back, taking some breaths and consider what is important to you... whether its setting up a customer base, or trying to make some fast cash. You seem to be rushing things quite a bit, and pushing people's buttons. Do you ever expect to aquire a customer base with that kind of expectation? Consider that people are used to buying things off the shelf, or from ebay. This is a first for a lot of people, myself included. You seem to just want people to hand over some cash and sit and wait.

For what its worth, tons of people WANT lifepo.. its totally the place to be (as a distributor of lifepo)... but they're being cautious until some real world data has been proven by independant parties (like doc). Just telling them "this cell does this and this and this, and costs this much" isn't going to win over people just yet. There's too much turbulance in this technology right now. Just be a little more patient with some of us. You're in the infancy of lifepo, and feeling its growing pains.

For what its worth, tons of people WANT lifepo.. its totally the place to be (as a distributor of lifepo)... but they're being cautious until some real world data has been proven by independant parties (like doc). Just telling them "this cell does this and this and this, and costs this much" isn't going to win over people just yet. There's too much turbulance in this technology right now. Just be a little more patient with some of us. You're in the infancy of lifepo, and feeling its growing pains.[/quote]

For what its worth we do have a full Laboratory Test from Sandia National Labs. It has been finished but not published yet officially. If you want I will send you a copy ? When you say "proven by independant parties (like doc.) would this not qualify for your terms ? Nobody, not one LiFePO4 company can offer what you refer to as "real world" data. Oh, I did forget A123 has some track record in the power tool industry, so that's about it. No LiFePO4 battery company has proven real world data as far as electric cars are concerned - hence the race for the GM VOLT contract. Yes, we have some Prius conversions but NO mfg. has proved a totally electric battery package - hence John McCain's proposed $300,000,000.00 (3 hundred Million) dollar offer for the first one to bring it to market @ 30% of today's price.

Cheers!

Don Harmon

Don Harmon said:
For what its worth we do have a full Laboratory Test from Sandia National Labs. It has been finished but not published yet officially. If you want I will send you a copy ? When you say "proven by independant parties (like doc.) would this not qualify for your terms ? Nobody, not one LiFePO4 company can offer what you refer to as "real world" data. Oh, I did forget A123 has some track record in the power tool industry, so that's about it. No LiFePO4 battery company has proven real world data as far as electric cars are concerned - hence the race for the GM VOLT contract. Yes, we have some Prius conversions but NO mfg. has proved a totally electric battery package - hence John McCain's proposed $300,000,000.00 (3 hundred Million) dollar offer for the first one to bring it to market @ 30% of today's price.

Cheers!

Don Harmon

thats exactly what I was getting at. There ISN'T any data, not from any company. Street credit from the Killacycle isn't enough, especially since we can't get those batteries unless we rip apart dewalt packs. Thundersky isn't proven, and has a bad track record, and low C rates.

Publish that data when you get it, people need to see that stuff.

The Sandia Report that Don Harmon keeps mentioning is as useless as it gets and needs to be ignored UNLESS you drive a Hybrid Car.

Sandia also used the Same Utility Test on a SAFT Ni-MH Pack and got 200,000 Cycles....Yes Ladies 200,000 Cycles and we all know Ni-MH on an E-bike is 450 Cycles if that.

Hybrid Cars use Shallow Discharges and what Sandia did was 8,600 SHALLOW Cycles as in 10% DOD

Now this begs the question, will LifeBatt Cells work for 3,000 or even 1,000 Cycles on an E-Bike that does Deep Discharges and the answer is no one knows.

LifeBatt only Offered a 90 Day Warranty on Cells to be used for E-Bikes, Headway Cells for E-Bikes is much longer---go figure

Yes go figure! I know Headway cells have some tests done by ZEVA in Australia. If anyone wants to read the Sandia Report (USA) which obviously Joshua really doesn't comprehend, you can email me an I will send it to you confidentially. don@lifebatt.com

Cheers!

Don Harmon :mrgreen:

its so funny that you keep insulting people left and right...

Why don't you start acting like a businessman. Get some ethic, stop putting people down. Don't respond to attacks. Stick to your guns and make your product available. Don't go into other threads about another battery and hijack it for your own purposes... its shady. Don't accuse people you parted ways with of stealing.

You're not doing well on creating a customer base. In fact, you're doing more damage than good. You're losing credibility by the minute.

At this rate, you're digging a deep hole. And for someone that wants to create a business on Lifepo, you're going the wrong direction. Why don't you stop feeding into the drama, stop feeding the trolls, and start acting professional. if you don't stop now, you're going to lose all credibility forever.

Back