LiFeBATT Group Buy Cancelled!!!

frodus said:
its so funny that you keep insulting people left and right...

Why don't you start acting like a businessman. Get some ethic, stop putting people down. Don't respond to attacks. Stick to your guns and make your product available. Don't go into other threads about another battery and hijack it for your own purposes... its shady. Don't accuse people you parted ways with of stealing.

You're not doing well on creating a customer base. In fact, you're doing more damage than good. You're losing credibility by the minute.

At this rate, you're digging a deep hole. And for someone that wants to create a business on Lifepo, you're going the wrong direction. Why don't you stop feeding into the drama, stop feeding the trolls, and start acting professional. if you don't stop now, you're going to lose all credibility forever.

Who am I offending. I have responded to you honestly.

Don Harmon

I have a copy of the draft Sandia report that was leaked to the Yahoo group. As a retired USAF analyst and a current aerospace industry quality inspector/manager, I had no trouble understanding the report.

I hoped for something in the report that confirmed even a little bit of the hype I've read about LiFeBatt cells in this and other forums. Unfortunately it's not there. It is essentially as described above. It didn't appear that any electrons were harmed...or even slightly stressed...in this evaluation.

From the Abstract: "...The goal of this work was to evaluate the performance of the Iron Phosphate Li-Ion battery technology for utility applications requiring frequent charges and discharges such as voltage support, frequency regulation, and wind farm smoothing..."

An example test for capacity - charge at .5C; rest 30 minutes; discharge at .5C to 2.1V; rest 30 minutes; repeat three times.

Basically, any of us with a CBA II or other analyzer (or bike for that matter!) have more valuable information than the Sandia report.

I can't see anthing in this report, or any other 'data' provided by the principals of LiFeBatt, that allows them to belittle anyone else - unless they have a way to harness the excess hot air that seems to follow the company.

Hi Guys,
I've been running 2-13 Ah, 36v NiMH packs in paraller on a scooter for a while now and am happy thus far. I'm I've rigged up 2 switches to throw either 1, or both 36v packs, or flip them in to series for 72 volts. Works well, but the NiMH have a large loss of voltage when running at 72v and pulling 40 amps. SO, I'm interested in Lifep04 for the range/performance as well as less voltage sag. Actually was going to pull the trigger on the group buy, but thankfully never sent my cash before the implosion.

After all the reading I've done here and around the web, I'm still trying to make a decision on where to get some Lifep04's for my next project. As of today, is the best course of action to just break down dewalt packs and build from scratch? I'm entertaining Yesa as well- any comment there?

Love the resources available here. Thanks to all who contribute all the great info.

-Bren

In the last couple week there has been a lot of drama to skim through with little information. I am sad this deal fell through and wish we could have all benefited from from a great deal on good cells. bummer :cry:

Back