Lilo

I believe the LiIo is referring to Lithium Ion as opposed to Lithium Iron (LiFe) chemistry
Lithium Ion is the normal cell phone battery chemistry and is nominally 3.6V.
Ref:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

vanilla ice said:
Like he says its a capital "i" not a lowercase L.. you should use that mode if you have lipo!

NO! There is a setting for LIPo and another one for Li ion...

If I understand correctly, I believe the Li-Ion setting will top out at 4.1V per cell (24.6V for a 6S pack) and a LiPo setting will top out at 4.16V per cell (25.2V for a 6S).

Several threads have suggested that a LiPo pack will last much longer if you charge to the Li-Ion level of 4.1V per cell (I don't know), but also be aware that the charging profile may also be slightly different. Not neccessarily bad, but different.

Lipo mode on those tops out at 4.2 volts.. Look up a lipo discharge graph and decide, you don't lose hardly nothing in capacity by short charging to 4.1 volt. In addition to the upside in cycle life, you better your temp/unbalance/whatever safety margin.. as others have pointed out for us! Either mode will work fine though.

I charge my lipos with the "LiIo" setting. It generally tops out at 4.11V per cell. Not sure about the different charge profiles.

Am I the only one who was thinking of something like this?

slack.jpg

Looks like these guys still haven't switched to grub. Oh well, it's a pretty small operation; to be expected, I guess.

If this charger is worth it's salt, you should be able to change the max lipo charge to 4.15v. My iCharger lets me do this.. dunno about others.

Charging at about 4.15v is wise. When you want to be lazy and do a bulk charge, you run a far lesser risk of overcharging things.

I'm guessing the only way to do that is to trick out the voltage calibration 0.05v off. That is how mine is, you got to remember these are priced cheeeep. Its still well worth what you pay IMO.

julesa said:
Am I the only one who was thinking of something like this?

slack.jpg

Looks like these guys still haven't switched to grub. Oh well, it's a pretty small operation; to be expected, I guess.

Mmmm, not really.

Lilo Dallas!

Multipass!

YC5pHVK7Jk1riikutOlB5qQlo1_400.jpg

This is more my type of Lilo
PH_20_MN.jpg

Back