LMX64 Silixcon update problem

Micro-Tech

10 µW
Good morning.
I would like to ask for help.
Namely, I wanted to upgrade my LMX 64 Silixcon SCLynx. However, I chose the wrong file to update.
IMG_0227.jpg
I chose 0. That is testing:VECTOR_Lynx_lmx
I also uploaded a backup which was done automatically.
Unfortunately, there was no response after the update. The display starts but the bike does not respond to the manete and pedals. I had a photo of the info about the driver and the software and it turned out that I had the Vectron_Lynx_devel version of the software
IMG_0225.jpg
After flashing back the Vector_Lynx_devel version still does not work.
Also after uploading the backup.
I noticed that in the map options the kphlimit parameter was previously 45, now it is 0 and cannot be changed. The same in mapcnt (was 6) now 0 and pwrlimit (was 2500) now 0. Variables in mpach from 1-5 change and save normally. They don't want to sign up.
IMG_0231.jpgIMG_0230.jpg

Until the update, I changed the option in maps 1-5 and there was no problem.

Please help. The season is in full swing and I killed my toy :(

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    921.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Is there any option to reset the entire system to defaults? Then power cycle it, then retry with the correct settings?

Unfortunately with flashable settings on any device (of any kind), a settings file from a different version of device (firmware or hardware) *could* have values or data that gets written in locations a different file doesn't have data to overwrite. If that has happened, and there's no way to correct it (such as full system defaults), it might require reflashing the entire device firmware to overwrite the invalid data. Whether this will fix it or not, I don't know (sometimes doing this can actually brick a device).

If correctly designed with correctly written firmware and a correctly written setup program, it shouldn't be possible for this to happen...but there's not too many things out there that qualify for all of those. :/

This means that after factory resetting, uploading the software did not help. It still doesn't work. It does not respond to the pedal or shifter.

I wrote to Support, but there is no answer yet. There is no info on the website. What if the software fails.

:(

Ah. Not sure what you mean by "if the software fails", since it sounds like the software (if you mean the setup program) is working as it was designed, just that a mistake was made that it can't overcome. (would be nice if it had been designed to correct this type of problem, but if a reset didn't fix it, then it isn't designed to do it, and only the software designers could correct that).

But if you mean that if there is no way to undo the mistake using that software, then you would probably have to buy a replacement controller to correct the problem.

I didn't find anything on this forum or in a quick google search about this specific issue anywhere, so it is likely that LMXbikes support or the controller manufacturer (if different from LMXbikes) is your best bet for a solution other than replacing the controller.

In addition to trying LMX, you can register on Silixcon support site below and send a ticket.

I have had great success with their direct support

Below is the how to support site in case you have not gotten that yet

Hello.
Or maybe someone could share their backup (albeit basic to run LMX). I have versions
Vector_Lynx_devel v1.3b dec 4 2020

Back