• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

LOW WATT METER READINGS.

WASYLBRYTAN

100 W
I just upgraded my eProdigy Whistler to a new 450 watt motor and a new LCD console. I can notice the power increase but my watt meter only reads a maximum of 300 watts whenever I ride. I'm wondering whether the meter is inaccurate or my motor is not putting out the rated power. It is an Achiever coaxial motor and a KT-LCD3 eBike Display. Any ideas? Bill

The wattmeter was correct before?

You should see max watts only when you start, so look for a hill, stop, then start up. That's the most your motor is doing then.

Nothing on the display that limits speeds or power?

If the new motor is a slow winding, it will not pull as big a spike as your previous one did, if it's a faster winding.

It's possible your 450w "motor" is connected to a 300w max controller. That would mean the controller would never allow more than 300w continuous.

At cruise, if your speed is not over 15mph, you might never see much more than 300w continuous. But you'd see it for a blink starting up.

dogman said:
It's possible your 450w "motor" is connected to a 300w max controller. That would mean the controller would never allow more than 300w continuous.

At cruise, if your speed is not over 15mph, you might never see much more than 300w continuous. But you'd see it for a blink starting up.
Thank you for the info, as I use my watt meter more and more I am noticing very quick short bursts of higher wattage. You are right. Bil

Back