LYEN's Controller and Accessories...

Bison_69

100 W
Hi Guys,

I purchased lately a small controller (12 MosFETs) from E. Lyen and I would like to know if any of you ever tried or succeeded to install (hack) an “L-M-H” and the cruise-control switches.

My second question… (enclosed you will find below a picture of the controller) I would like to know what are those 2 pairs of small connectors used for (see A and B) and how to set them up… (there was no instructions for those connectors when I bought the unit)

Thanks

Attachments

• Lyen Controller_36-72Vdc 45A.jpg
    Lyen Controller_36-72Vdc 45A.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 637
  • eBike Cruise-Control.jpg
    eBike Cruise-Control.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 1,994
I think they are the jumpers for regen (BK-to-GND) and cruise control (CR-to-GND). I would connect one set at a time to see if it is either regen or cruise control. That should resolve that issue for you.

As for the control modules, I would expect to see three wires coming out of the controller for X1, X2 and GND to select L-H-M. Not sure how to wire that cruise module. I just connect the jumper on mine. In programming you can select the amount of seconds you hold the throttle steady that locks the desired speed. Hitting an e-brake or rolling the throttle breaks the signal.

I purchased the 12 fet extreem modder controller from Lyen along with the three speed switch and cruise control. All plugged in and worked flawlessly.

The only chages I made were to adapt the throttle , phase and hall connectors to be the same as my ebikes controller, for easy interchange.

I finally got the answer from Edward Lyen... (from where I should had asked in frist place :oops: )

So here it is:

The 3 speed switch should be wired as follow:

Switch > controller:
red wire > X1 pad
green wire > X2 pad
black wire > GND pad

Short X1 to GND = Speed mode 1, nothing connected (open) = Speed mode 2, short X2 to GND = Speed mode 3

Cruise Control Module:
red > +5v
Black > GND
White > EBS-
Green > SP

Thanks Edward (this guy is so devoted)
Controller PC Board Assy with connectors.JPGController PC Board Assy with connectors_2.JPGController PC Board Assy with connectors_3.JPGController PC Board Assy with connectors_4.JPGView attachment LMH - CruiseCtrl - Throttle Pinout ID.pdf

Lyen does the wiring for the three speed switch if you buy the controller and the three speed switch in the same order? I though you had to wire the controller yourself..... I am so getting on of these now! :twisted:

DAmn dude. Lyen is definitely in to customer service! Big shock to me since I live in corporate America where all these business people want is your money. Once they get your money they use it to change there names and business around... And never hear from them again. :shock: . Big shock to me that everyone I dealt with was always helpful with everything and they never gave me any reason to not consider doing business with them again.... Except when I took my bike into the local bike shop to get better brakes. The battery's were half drained and I, stupidly forgot to disconnect the battery cables and they went on to draining my pack to roughly %25 capacity :shock: . I thankfully set the amp limit on the CA to 20 but however I still found they miraculously put three miles on the bike at 50 Wh/mile...... Guess I learned my lesson for letting a bunch of teenagers work on my bike with the battery cables plugged in.

I still don't get what the 2 pairs of white wires do . A & B
Do they connect to themselves A to A and Bto B OR
Ato B and A to B
Thanks in advance, Cass

If it is like his other controllers, one white jumper is to enable regen. The other could be to enact reverse, but im not 100% positive on that.

The paired wires would get connected together- A-A----B-B

Trackman417 said:
DAmn dude. Lyen is definitely in to customer service! Big shock to me since I live in corporate America where all these business people want is your money. Once they get your money they use it to change there names and business around... And never hear from them again. :shock: . Big shock to me that everyone I dealt with was always helpful with everything and they never gave me any reason to not consider doing business with them again.... Except when I took my bike into the local bike shop to get better brakes. The battery's were half drained and I, stupidly forgot to disconnect the battery cables and they went on to draining my pack to roughly %25 capacity :shock: . I thankfully set the amp limit on the CA to 20 but however I still found they miraculously put three miles on the bike at 50 Wh/mile...... Guess I learned my lesson for letting a bunch of teenagers work on my bike with the battery cables plugged in.

That sucks. I will not ever bring my e-bike to a LBS anymore. They are absolutely incompetent when dealing with motors and they will quickly admit it. They are also generally douchebags that will turn their nose up when you mention e-bikes or DIY at all. Add that to this type of behaviour that you noted and you can see why they will NOT touch my bike. There's only one bike mechanic that comes to mind as being a very reasonable and nice gentleman. I also don't go to the car stealership for the same reasons unless absolutely necessary.

Back