• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Mac 10T or Crystalyte 3525 for my new build? (please comment

broke

100 W
I really want to order parts for this build but I cant decide.
I live in Hawaii and I will be riding to work (10 miles round trip) with %4 hills.
I'm putting the motor on a full suspension bike 70% road riding.
was going to go with em3ev but I keep going back to the crystalyte DD

Mac10T
Geared motor ++++ has no cogging big plus to save battery.
Geared motor ----- 30 amp limit if I dont want to destroy clutch. must peddle from start to save clutch.

Crystalyte 3525
DD +++ no limit on amps I would like to run 40 amps I want good off the line.
DD +++ no clutch.
DD ---- cogging, comes with crappy rim compared to a em3ev down hill rim.

I'm going to run lipo.
I would like to buy a controller at the same time that can except 48v-72v at 40amps ( I want to buy a CA to adjust amps) I would like to start with 48v but have the choice to upgrade later to 72v.

I need a motor.
controller.
CA.
any links or help would be great thank you guys. PS been reading and watching vids on youtube the last month my 250 watt motor is not cutting it.

thanks for the comment
I was going to run the mac 10T 48v 30 amp
I was thinking of running the 3525 at 72v 40amp
dont need to go fast just want low end power maybe a little peddle weelie.

DAND214 said:
Get the MAC. The clutch has been improved as well the gears.
Been beaten a 8t for 3 years now with only a clutch blown at 50a. That was the old clutch. No problem now. I'm running 14s lipo 35 to 40 amp controller and lovin it.

Dan

Really? The upgraded mac I purchased last year at 80V35A failed and I didn't receive much support from Paul. In fact, he didn't answer my email.

The thread of my dead mac is still alive in endless-sphere and it has NEVER been fixed:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53821&start=50

72v 40 amps = no gear motors IMO. I'd love to see a big fat 3000w continuous gearmotor though. With fat wide gears of course.

Cogging won't hurt your battery. 50w will more than eliminate the cogging. At 50w, 100 wh left in your battery will last you two hours of pedaling without the motor helping much.

Talking 40 amps, you won't pedal one inch with the motor off I bet.

Not sure if they have the 3525, but this is where you get the controller you want, with CA plug.
http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/controllers.html

If you plan to pedal with the bike, go for the MAC. Otherwise get the 3525 and run at least 72V battery. Your commute is short (10Miles) so 72V5A Lipo or 10A if you don't charge at work. But do be careful of running Lipo.

Best of luck!

If going 48V, take the MAC, it's MUCH funner than the HT3525 at that voltage.

The MAC isn't going to like 72V and really won't need it. Choose your voltage, then choose the motor. If you want to have an upgrade path, go with the HT3525 since you can go even up to 100V on it.

But unless you are into crazy fast riding, make it easy on yourself, get the MAC at 48V and have fun.

Thank you guys so much i really like the comments its helping me pic the setup.
I think I will go with the 3525 cogging will be cut off if I give it a little power.
And you were right I prob wont peddle at all I dont right now with my 250 watt motor hehe.

where can I get a 3525 ebike.ca is out I really like there controller but but thats out to.
out of stock 36v-72v 40a out of stock
3525 out of stock
cant even order.

I know ebikes.ca had a 3525 last month (but it isn't listed on their website). Call or email them & see if it's still available.

They should be getting in a bunch of 36-72V 40A controllers; I'm waiting on one.

I much prefer the 3525 to the bmc/Mac for commuting. It's more robust, especially with the sensorless controller. But if you aren't confident about how the rules in Hawaii will be interpreted, the Mac will be more bicycle-like in movement.

If you are in the states, you can call or order from ebikessf.com. ilia will also build the custom rim and spoke for you for a bit more. But you can't go wrong with either supplier.

Back