MAC Front Hub Motor Road Bike Build

Go w/ the 260. I mounted a 201 that is in a 24 wheel(24 X 2.5 tire, so overall, a diameter like a 25" wheel) on 12S Lipoly (46.5 Volt nom.) the other day and it is slow, not quite 20 mph. I have noticed there is not much differnce between the 201 and the 260 for climbing, so using the 201 seems kind of pointless, IMO.
Sorry, I don't have any experience w/ those Batt/controllers.

Reading all your earlier Q100H related contributions and given your confirmation, I decided to go for the 260rpm. Thanks!

I received the BMSBattery Bottle pack 09 with integrated sine wave controller and the Q100H in good order. I did not install the ebrakes yet. I brought it down to 18A.

Testing my configuration at flatland and PAS 1-3, the motor stopped after appr. 5 minutes. Pushing the pedals you can feel the motor is braking the bike a bit.The motor starts again after 5- 10 seconds but only for a short time then it stops again (and so on). After closing and reopening the LCD the motor starts working but after 10-20 seconds it stops working again.Waiting for half an hour makes it possible to drive again appr. 5 minutes but then the motor has the same problems. The motor and the controller are not heated up.

Any idea what to do?

I have found the LCD - 3 Display to be very confusing , for instance when first programing / adjusting the different settings on it , it would move on to the next setting before I figured out what the present setting was and even how to change it.

There is a downloadable manual for the LCD - 3 on BMS 's website , perhaps on the same page as the Display , it is very long, does not make much sense , so you will have to spend allot of time reading and trying to understand it.

Another possible problem, since the controller is in the bottle case, is it getting to hot in there ?

When those motors are new and you turn it by hand or with the wheel off the ground it will have a little drag , that drag lessened on mine with some distance/usage .

BTW , I do not use a PAS sensor at all , I use a throttle and setting on the LCD - 3 to the highest ( 5 )
Try that and see what happens .

The controller isn't get hot. Disconnecting the PAS Sensor and working with the throttle only (with P3=0, working on speed basis) did not help, still the same problems.

NOTE: I finally learned the controller received was a 36V type. BMSBattery provided for free a replacement 48V controller. Things work fine now!

Back