EAGLE Victoria TranzX with front wheel hub motor.

NickD

1 µW
New member here with no ebike experience whatsoever :)
I went through all TranzX battery threads and this one (content, not title) seems closest to my issues.

You can jump to the very bottom for my 2 questions. Thanks!

eBike: EAGLE Victoria TranzX with front wheel hub motor.

Original battery BL05 36V 10Ah - was already swallen when I bought the bike, so I opened it hoping to be able to find same/similar cells (10pcs flat packs). Impossible, so I just brought the swallen packs to a recycling facility for a proper disposal.
After that no battery replacemt service I contacted would accept to install/make a new battery.

New battery: custom made 36V 12Ah 18650 10S4P (fits the BL05 case perfectly!) by batteryzone.de for €140 incl. shipping, customs (if they paid any at all, and hopefully a BMS inside :)
I did mention to the German speaking/writing Chinese guy that I need the battery for TranzX, but it came with just 2 cables 14AWG and 2 thiner ones soldered to the thick cables.
IMG-20240311-WA0045.jpg

The original BL05 has 2 more thin cables to the outlet 4-pin connector (white+blue circled in below photo), and 3 cables for the charging 5-pin connector. The new battery has basically same 2 cables for both in and out :)

IMG-20240311-WA0050.jpg

The new battery pack came charged at 42,2V.
After ~33-35km it was empty, 34,3V measured.
Luckily I was allowed to charge it at ARAL gas station, and with 20 min. charging (35,6V) it did 5km before switching off again.
IMG_20240312_084135.jpg

Fully charged again to 42V with the original TranzX 42V charger in about 4 hours.

Display: speed is shown, battery bar blinks empty. Without pedal imput while riding - '4 error' is shown.
No difference in torque between the 3 'speed' modes.
'Turbo' doesn't work either (S blinks).
Annoyingly the motor starts sometimes with a very slight pedal input, e.g. while waiting at traffic lights.. Lol.
Luckily the front break cuts the motor off. The rear doesn't.

Finally my 2 questions:

1. Does it make sense to open the new battery and search for the extra 'cables' that the original BL05 has?

2. Can I turn off the speed limit somehow? The motor shuts off at max.speed 26-27kmh (25kmh GPS measured).
30-33kmh would be just fine for me to get to work in half an hour instead of 40-45 min.

IMG_20240307_195016.jpg

IMG_20240305_171911.jpg

You have posted in an old thread about lithium Ion phosphate batteries, which isn't what you have. And your questions don't actually pertain to your battery either, but rather your bike's controller.

1. Does it make sense to open the new battery and search for the extra 'cables' that the original BL05 has?
No.

2. Can I turn off the speed limit somehow? The motor shuts off at max.speed 26-27kmh (25kmh GPS measured).
30-33kmh would be just fine for me to get to work in half an hour instead of 40-45 min.
Maybe. That's a function of the controller, and more than likely the installed firmware won't permit it.

If you needed a faster bike, you should have started with a faster bike. That one will be increasingly uncomfortable and unsafe as speeds rise, due to its small wheels. And if you bend the rims by hitting hazards at speed, there won't be anything you can do to make them straight and round again because of their cast construction.

You have posted in an old thread about lithium Ion phosphate batteries, which isn't what you have. And your questions don't actually pertain to your battery either, but rather your bike's controller.

No.

Maybe. That's a function of the controller, and more than likely the installed firmware won't permit it.

If you needed a faster bike, you should have started with a faster bike. That one will be increasingly uncomfortable and unsafe as speeds rise, due to its small wheels. And if you bend the rims by hitting hazards at speed, there won't be anything you can do to make them straight and round again because of their cast construction.
Thanks for your very helpful explanation! Great tip about the rims, I would have never thought of this.

Actually I bought it for my wife who doesn't need faster speed and works much closer to home than me, but I realized quickly that she wouldn't be happy with the motor kicking off at traffic lights :)
I might open a new thread on this, as I don't believe it has to do with my 'crippled' battery.

I moved these posts out of an unrelated thread

to it's own in Ebike Troubleshooting, to keep all it's info together to help you get whatever issues you need worked out. :)

If you don't like the title (copied from your post) you can simply edit the first post's title to change it.

Back