Made in Canada, eh?

Spoke with John, I believe, back in September from Bay Cycle in Pickering.
Originally I asked him about Stealth, but he quickly changed subject and offered me to come by and take a test ride in brand new ebike, comparable to Bomber.
I also think he mentioned price range of 6000 to 7000 $$.
Now I realize he was talking about Impulse.
Will need to borrow a car and go see it in person.
Looks pretty slick.
One thing that would worry me, if police will be aware of full potential of this bike, there's no way you can get away with some "pedal assist" BS, if stopped by police.
Hmm.

VANDY said:
magic carpet said:
Saw these ebikes at the BikeExpo last week in TO. Very impressive, but where do you ride them? They can't be legal on bike paths or bike lanes with their speed potential. Salesman said they were legal ebikes, but maybe their introduction has been delayed until their status can be clarified. I didn't see any license plate brackets either.
I agree with the triple tree suggestion, structurally and aesthetically.
Mike

That's like asking "Where do I drive my Ferrari?" We can build a " little sally " bike if you are worried about the excess performance. Each bike is tailored to the end users requirements. This depends on local by-laws mostly and what the local police will tolerate. There is a 32kph speed limit on pedal assisted bicycles. Only the performance package is capable of exceeding these speeds and is considered as an off-road use vehicle. The user is liable for any and all risks taken on any ebike, homemade or otherwise.

The Renegade is meant to look like a bicycle, the triple tree makes it look too much like a dirt bike. The head-tube will accept a triple-tree if you choose to install one. The bike at the show was a software limited experimental prototype for the Trooper; the fleet model by Impulse.

We are in contact with law enforcement to further clarify the law as it pertains to high-speed electric pedal assist bicycles.

Stay tuned in the coming days for an official release from Impulse. Please feel free to contact us for local test drives.

Um, what happened guys?

Been over a year since an update.

Reality is a b!tch, ain't it?

Custom impulse..

I know you will enjoy this.. especially you high power es guys out there..

Attachments

• 20140314_110819.jpg
    20140314_110819.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 607
  • 20140314_110806.jpg
    20140314_110806.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 607
  • 20140314_110827.jpg
    20140314_110827.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 607
NICE 8)
but wheres the crank/pedal chain???

steveo said:
Custom impulse..

file.php

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
NICE 8)
but wheres the crank/pedal chain???

steveo said:
Custom impulse..

file.php

Trust me its there.. you just cant see it

Back