mini electric quad problem

bozy74

1 mW
hi i have mini electric quad for my kids took out lead acid replaced with 36v xiaomi batt worked ok on little forward backwards took out side got less than 100 yrds cut out no power on it and the blue light that flashes on the battery is flashing red the quad has 30 amp fuse strait after my scooter battery when power went disconnected the battery re plugged back in and power came back on blue light on also has bms on battery the lead acid batt was also 36v do i need bigger fuse

See if you can get an amp rating for the speed controller in your quad, and compare it against the amp rating of the battery. If you're trying to pull too much juice from the pack you have, voltage will sag greatly and the BMS may intervene and cut off the power output.

Don't change to a higher value fuse without figuring out the real problem you have (which is almost certainly not the fuse).

will look thanks and let you know also chan rusty stiff links does not roll as good as should could that cause more draw also

will look thanks and let you know also chan rusty stiff links does not roll as good as should could that cause more draw also
The speed controller will only take as much current as it takes. Add resistance, and it will max out for more of the time, but full power is the same either way.

says 36v. off voltage 31.5v .its 3 speed 2 wire ignition reverse forward off switch defo resistance from chain thanks for helping me will charge battery full will the 30 amp fuse be ok as battery fully charged is 42v

Is your xaiomi battery like these?
1692057522169.png
If so, it's only meant for maybe 15-20A at most (probably only for short bursts), some say only about 250W (which would only be about 7A). Above that the BMS is likely to shut the output off to protect itself, which it might indicate by a flashing light.

What does the controller label say on it for current limit, or a number with A on it, like 30A, etc. ? If you're not sure, post a picture of the controller label and we might be able to tell. Or if the vehicle itself came prebuilt, a link to the seller or manufacturer page for it, or at least a complete name and model number for it might let us look it up.

You shouldn't change the fuse to a different rating. It's there to protect things and is rated what it is for a reason.

The amps on the fuse doesn't have anything to do with the volts of the battery, if that is what you are asking.

BTW, if the original lead acid in there was only 24v, but you replace with a higher voltage battery, it may be harder on the controller (many can handle that voltage, but some might not) and may overheat the motor with the higher power level that can give if it's under high load a long time.

controoler 36v shutoff 31v motor is 1000 v brushed should i use battery without bms and use lipo alarm

motor imput current 27.8 amp 1000w brushed
If that's what's printed on the motor, it's the motor's rating, but not necessarily close to what the speed controller is drawing. But it pretty much assures that your system is demanding more current than the battery can supply by itself. You'll need a more potent battery or multiples of the same battery in parallel.

Back