Modding Meanwell clone S360-48 for variable amperage.

Observator

10 W
Hello. Bought a PSU with the intent of doing the modifications in this link:
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/e-bent/meanwell/default.htm

However i didn't pay close enough attention and managed to buy a slightly different model. Namely the "S360-48" instead of "S350-48". I'm still looking to do essential the same thing, add a pot to have adjustable current. However I'm not sure how to go about finding the right resistor to parallel my pot with.

Anyone done this already with the modle i have?
Anyone able to decern just by the photo's wich resistor governs current?

2zdu5ud.jpg

2hrk414.jpg

you may search this forum (and MANY others). this have done several times before. i asked this myself some weeks ago just to find out that all these clones are more or less the same.
edit: i didn't look at the pics first. they may look a bit different. at least my clones did look like the rest of the meanwells ;)

izeman said:
you may search this forum (and MANY others). this have done several times before. i asked this myself some weeks ago just to find out that all these clones are more or less the same.
edit: i didn't look at the pics first. they may look a bit different. at least my clones did look like the rest of the meanwells ;)

I have searched, high and low. Can't find anyone modding a unit with the same circuit board. My intention was doing what's been done and proven. Getting this bastard of a unit was just a careless mistake on my part. Without modification its pushing 9 amps at 48.5V. I don't think it would survive this for too long.

hopefully someone in the know will chime in. I'm more than willing to be the guinea pig for this unit, i just don't know how to go about the examination of parts.

Back