Motorize freeline skates. Which ESC.

hive live

1 µW
Hello forum
I would like to motorize my free line skates. free line skates are like a snake board only without bar and the rollers are
arranged as in inline skating. wheel diameter 72mm.
On the internet I have found nothing concrete about this theme. I have the possibility create
of metal parts but I'm not sure what motor and esc which I need. the esc and battery I would like to convey in the backpack. I know about the high risk of dangerous and have to build a special housing for that. 6s lipo explosions on youtube looks not really great
I want to accelerate from a standing. in itself be the acceleration very homogeneous without stuttering. Top speed 15-30Km / h.
I would choose a motor with low KV and take a high translation.

Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-149kv Brushless Outrunner Motor

ESC up to now:
Turnigy dlux 160A HV Brushless Speed Controller (OPTO) or HobbyKing® ™ 150A High performance Brushless Car ESC

Akku: lipo 6s

but that would have to give a homogeneous acceleration.

I am happy for every kind of criticism and encouraging

Sorry for my English in German-speaking forums unfortunately I could not collect meaningful information. I'm thankful for every kind of information

owned a snakeboard before, and was able to hop on a freeline for a brief test ride.

seems like powering the back foot is the better choice.

haven't seen an e-freeline, so u might be the first.

but there is already an e-orbit wheel.

http://wackyboards.blogspot.com/2013/09/electric-skatecycle.html

orbit+wheel+electric.jpg

I've seen some motorized freelines. I don't think the guy who built them rides them that much because they're not very practical.
If you really want buttery smooth acceleration, you will need a high quality sensored esc and a brushless motor with sensors.

[youtube]nABciFuapz8[/youtube]

[youtube]C2Ga-VC0c6U[/youtube]

Hi, unless you strap two belts on these to keep your feet sticking to them I don't think you'll be able to use them like you'd want... Or maybe modify the wheel number of the motorised skate?

Without motor you imply power by your own legs, it is a 50-50 repartition so still stable. With a rwd or FWD only you will have more like 90-10 which is not suitable for your body's balance. With AWD you will be back to 50-50 but your new problem is: how do you vector / direct power ? With such unfixed torque your freelines will always ask to twist your balance.

That's why I would suggest you three things :

-Look for a AWD setup to keep 50-50 repartition
-Put straps to get the skates sticking to your feet more
-If your trucks are rigid, Look for a truck design to be able to lean like on a skateboard, it will help you in carving corners

Back