My battery builds

999zip999 said:
How about a link for the bms ?

Sorry mate
I thought I'd linked it. Here it is :D

14S 40A/60A active bms 2017 new Li-ion smart bms pcm with android Bluetooth app UART bms wi software (APP) monitor
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/f6JZw7W

Looks good. Thanks for sharing. I've been using sla's for too long now. Someday I'll make the switch to 18650. Does the anti spark XT-90 connector get rid of the spark at the switch? My key switch gets pitted out after awhile. Then it gets hot and de-solders. I take it apart and sand the contacts once in awhile. I'm on my 2nd key switch.

D-Man said:
Looks good. Thanks for sharing. I've been using sla's for too long now. Someday I'll make the switch to 18650. Does the anti spark XT-90 connector get rid of the spark at the switch? My key switch gets pitted out after awhile. Then it gets hot and de-solders. I take it apart and sand the contacts once in awhile. I'm on my 2nd key switch.

You should make a battery, it's not that hard.
The anti spark XT90 are great. No spark at all on connection.
Thanks

Quick update on these packs.
Both going strong with no issues.
About 600km on 30Q pack and 200 on 25R pack.

Maybe soldering cells is not so bad after all! :shock:

EbikeAus said:

youre using 8 amp fuse wire, 48v battery with a 1000w motor and you have blown fuse wire but your pack doesn't run hot even when climbing hills. 14s5p. how many amps is your controller?

goatman said:
EbikeAus said:

youre using 8 amp fuse wire, 48v battery with a 1000w motor and you have blown fuse wire but your pack doesn't run hot even when climbing hills. 14s5p. how many amps is your controller?

I have never blown fuse wire?
Contrillers around 30 amp from memory.

EbikeAus said:
Thanks for the reply. :)

Yes, I thought this could be an issue. I would only use it to get home...with lots of pedalling :lol:
I ran out of juice a few kms from home the other day. Not fun!

Regarding the fuse wire:
It's rated at 8 amps but usually blows around 10 amps.
I thought this should be suitable, what do you think?

ok, i see what youre saying now
5p at 30amps is 6amps max per wire fuse, its rated for 8amps but blows at 10amps
ill go back and read what wire youre using, be nice if they made 15 amp fuse wire so you could run a cell at 10amps

goatman said:
EbikeAus said:
Thanks for the reply. :)

Yes, I thought this could be an issue. I would only use it to get home...with lots of pedalling :lol:
I ran out of juice a few kms from home the other day. Not fun!

Regarding the fuse wire:
It's rated at 8 amps but usually blows around 10 amps.
I thought this should be suitable, what do you think?

ok, i see what youre saying now
5p at 30amps is 6amps max per wire fuse, its rated for 8amps but blows at 10amps
ill go back and read what wire youre using, be nice if they made 15 amp fuse wire so you could run a cell at 10amps

Hi
I think there may be a 15 amp fuse wire, at least here in Australia. Let me check ✌

EbikeAus said:
I think there may be a 15 amp fuse wire, at least here in Australia. Let me check ✌
Be aware, fuses are rated at their ability to carry their rated current at a certain temperature limit (or sometimes voltage drop).

So a 15A fuse can safely carry 15A. It will not blow at 15A...

Back