My Cromotor E-Bike Build -> more like a moped

inductor 22uh, 30A is in the bottom pic, black, square with gold copper winding, on the positive lead that goes to the phase wire

sorry for bad pictures, it was all done in a rush

ridethelightning said:
inductor 22uh, 30A is in the bottom pic, black, square with gold copper winding, on the positive lead that goes to the phase wire

sorry for bad pictures, it was all done in a rush

is the choke that little black square with red dot on it (on the last pic on the left side over the paper sheets)?
on bottom of the page there is a pic of the adaptto choke / cap: http://www.adaptto.ru/products.shtml maybe this helps you
check if everything is wired up correct. it is described very good in the manual. doing in a rush is not good and it looks a bit messy to me.. :p

yes messy. but i took all afternoon to carefully follow instructions and wire it up good. i also had the pic of adaptto choke on printout infront of me.
but i meant i rushed the photos, not the job :p

yes that is the inductor you see.

i originally wired the cap(36v) at the yellow xt connector but it blew up so i removed the shrink and cap(fragments of yellow shrink visible)

and just clipped in a larger 400v one as seen there.this got hot at the terminals as i said earlier.
i do note how large and beefy the inductors in the adaptto choke pic are compared to mine, but it is the correct uH and A rating.

ridethelightning said:
yes that is the inductor you see.

it looks alot smaller than the one adaptto sells. maybe you mixed up milli henry and micro (µ) henry

hm.. has the motor (winding coils) to be connected when charging or not?

i dont know..

Hmmm. thats more like it! what a beast!

iv just ordered that from Andrey.not the small one as i wanted to be sure it would run cool.

madin88 said:
it looks alot smaller than the one adaptto sells. maybe you mixed up milli henry and micro (µ) henry

indeed not. unless the uk ebay seller gave me the wrong one, even on the receipt it says 30A,22uH

as stated in manual, and seen in diagram(please someone tell me if wrong!) the 3 phase wires are connected to motor while charging. for this i made a 2way adaptor plug, so that i could plug the choke in while the phase wire was also connected.

it did strike me as odd though, why does adaptto sell the choke without the 2way adaptor on the phase plug :?: , as if the choke just plugs into one phase wire plug without it being connected.

Post picture of your setup with adaptor!
The stuff is in very early stage so they will probably sell it later och just leave to us, doityourselves :)

@ ride

your inductor is to small. this will be your problem (if everything else is wired up correct) :wink:

yes, the motor has to be connected to the controller.

here is the charge choke i wired.

the large cap rigged across the yellow xt90 connector, with the (-) terminal on the neg charge lead/ neg psu lead side, balck 6mm bullet connector goes to neg charge lead of controller, while the (+) cap teminal goes to the phase/inductor side.

blue bullet connectors plug into a controller phase wire plug and motor phase wire plug.

Attachments

• PICT0565-001.JPG
    PICT0565-001.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 3,361
  • PICT0570-001.JPG
    PICT0570-001.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 3,361
  • PICT0571-001.JPG
    PICT0571-001.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 3,361
  • PICT0574.JPG
    PICT0574.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 3,361
your wiring should be correct (i checked the manual).
something must be wrong with the inductor you got, because the data on the paper is like adaptto advices.
look, it cannot have the same ratings as the one adaptto sells because its 10 times smaller..

I would send the seller an email with this pics and ask him whats happened.

edit: hm maybe its about the declaration 0,1-10MHz or PWR?
adaptto works at 18kHz as far as i know..

yeah, but its not worth it. only 10bucks!:D ill post a forsale thread.....used....undersized adaptto inductor...... :D

ill just wait till the one from Andrey arrives.

i wonder if in the manual they made a mistake and should have said milli henry?

yes. if the khz is wrong i believe that could mean its working out of phase with the controller swithching.......

Here is the small one

IMG_20140226_170721.jpg

and the large one

IMG_20140226_170451.jpg

thank you GCinDC
the fenders are called rowdy 20" from manufacturer SKS. they are normally used on kids mtb :lol:
the rubber part on the end is also from SKS. on the rear i used two of the fenders (one i cut into half and mounted it inverted to have more coverage towards bottom). the bracket for the rearlight and turn signals also is from this fender kit.
the front fender is a bit too small. it should be longer towards bottom and front for optimal protection against water and mud.

cell drift after about 30-35 cycles. not all were full cycles. at a rough guess i would say about 25.000Wh.

jj33.jpg

still no cell drift. never balanced. no BMS.
max charged to 4,15V. normally to 4,1V.
max discharged to 3,35V (idle)
max 120A peak (2-4sec). somewhere between 20-60A continuos during commute.
controller currently shows 44 mOhms resistance (at room temperature) which means 44/22s * 9p = 18mOhm per cell.

hmm.. lots of space there in the cases not used :)
the A123 20Ah pouches will not or very hardly fit, so i will not go with them for future battery upgrades.
maybe i build a new pack of 2x 11s12p sony VTC5 2600mAh or Samsung 25R 2500mAh. I would buy them in spot welded bricks of 12p and would do the serial connection by my own. with this i can be sure to have no damaged cells due to to much heat from soldering.
i also thought about of taking off the lid from the cases and close them with a carbon plate. this will make them about 6cm narrower and pedaling would be more comfortable..

sardini said:
Thumps up for carbon plate!

have to figure out how to make the plates removeable with waterproof sealing. maybe i'm able to install them to the hinges of the case.

22s12p 2500mAh cells would give me less voltage sag and about 2400Wh x 85% = 2000Wh usable juice :) of course, only if i can make them sure fit into these cases.

madin88 said:
sardini said:
Thumps up for carbon plate!

have to figure out how to make the plates removeable with waterproof sealing. maybe i'm able to install them to the hinges of the case.

22s12p 2500mAh cells would give me less voltage sag and about 2400Wh x 85% = 2000Wh usable juice :) of course, only if i can make them sure fit into these cases.

Just cut the top of the lid (keeping the locking mechanism ) and use the appropriate glue , to glue the plates. Do you have any battery store in mind that delivers in the european countries and the taxes are already included ? i hate to pay customs fee.

sardini said:
Just cut the top of the lid (keeping the locking mechanism ) and use the appropriate glue , to glue the plates. Do you have any battery store in mind that delivers in the european countries and the taxes are already included ? i hate to pay customs fee.

if i keep the locking mechanism and only cut off the top lid, it will not be as narrow as if i complete take the lid off. i also think if i glue the plates they will not hold well..
I think of installing the plates to the hinges with machine milled alu parts is a good idea.
Some rubber gasket between case and plate will make it waterproof. have to look for carbon plates which really do not bend, because if they do, it will not be waterproof anymore.

i know a german store, but he does not yet offer the samsung 25R or VTC5 cells.
user ecross posted in his battery built thread some prices for this cells, but i do not know if he is serious...
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=54877#p873706

Back