My RMARTIN bike died today.

I have a RMartin Bike just like like yours. The only difference the motor is in the rear. I can't find any info on mine. Did you get your bike fixed?

whudgens said:
I have a RMartin Bike just like like yours. The only difference the motor is in the rear. I can't find any info on mine. Did you get your bike fixed?
Sorry it's taken so long to reply. No, never did get my old RMartin 12A fixed. Infact, selling it for parts. Check the used items for sale list. I really think one of the connectors came lose, they run thru the frame. Nice method of keeping the bike stealth but makes trouble shooting loose wires an issue. Last summer I purchased a new Rmartin 10, slightly stronger motor and love the disc brakes and full suspension. It was a good move.
R10 Sept 2011 017.JPG

I thought I had issues with my R12 but it still works, and has over 4,250 miles on it over the last 13 months. I had to replace the rear wheel after about 5 weeks (~1,100 miles) as I was breaking spokes. Then that rim failed spectacularly but was under warranty. I had to replace the front wheel a few months later (crappy hub). I changed the rear sprocket to a 16 tooth one to increase my top end speed. Other than that, it hauls my ~225 pounds + panniers around fairly well. I do think the battery is dying, but I can still get my 15.5 mile trip out of it last time I tried a month or two ago.

I got a trek 1.2 road bike about 8 months ago and have been riding it a lot more once it cooled off out. I expect to get back to the R12 once it gets hot again.

Attachments

• Elec.jpg
    Elec.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 766
  • Rim Split.jpg
    Rim Split.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 766
I never did figure out why the 12A died but trusted the brand enough to buy a 10A. Maybe it was the hall sensors but could also have been a loose connector. Wires running thru the frame make for a nice stealth design but complicates repairs and diagnostics. I trusted the RMartin (Tonaro) brand enough to purchase another bike. Now just waiting for warmer weather.
R Martin Bike July 26 2010 010.JPG
R10 Sept 2011 017.JPG

http://www.igoelectric.com/

Back