Need suggestions

I was told to post my questions here that yall maybe able to help me. I am wanting to put motors on this. How strong motor do I need. I am wearing my caster wheels out on asphalt. Wanting it to be more toad ready. Range 2 miles, 2 hours, no faster than 5 mph, weigh 2000lbs

Attachments

• 20231207_171907.jpg
    20231207_171907.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 20
So you don't want to tow it? Want to make it self-propelled? What about steering? Brakes?

I was told to post my questions here that yall maybe able to help me. I am wanting to put motors on this. How strong motor do I need. I am wearing my caster wheels out on asphalt. Wanting it to be more toad ready. Range 2 miles, 2 hours, no faster than 5 mph, weigh 2000lbs

So you don't want to tow it? Want to make it self-propelled? What about steering? Brakes?
I was towing it but the casters not holding up. Want to give it that magical look of Santa. I have thought about electric golf cart frame. But the batteries are expensive to buy and only use it for 3 months out of the year. Unless there is an alternative to using golf cart batteries.

My idea is bafang wheelbarrow motors with some kind of support frame. Probably multiple of them. If you do not want to make any kind of mechanical steering maybe some kind of differential steering setup might work. Can't do it in a week though

My idea is bafang wheelbarrow motors with some kind of support frame. Probably multiple of them. If you do not want to make any kind of mechanical steering maybe some kind of differential steering setup might work. Can't do it in a week though
I have 10 months till I need it again.

Hiw many do you think I would need?

Unless there is an alternative to using golf cart batteries.
Lose the black frame - score an older 8-15hp lawn tractor, discard the mower deck & unnecessary sheet metal - move the front axle forward, extend the frame, and mount everything else near the rear. Like this, but more refined & permanent:....

1703032224568.png

Last edited:
The black frame is the skies the sleigh "rides on"
The converted tractor chassis is all you need to structurally support the red portion (body, seats, ect). Once sitting on tractor wheels, duplicate runners/skies from styrofoam. Eliminating the skies significantly reduces unnecessary weight, and build complexity.

Maybe a couple of powered wheelbarrow motors, one on each side. Vary the motors' speed separately for turning. Kinda like a skid steer.

Last edited:
The black frame is the skies the sleigh "rides on"
I love this!

I like the black frame/sled skis. I'd not want to run it on a mower deck, I appreciate the call-to-attention about complexity. Its easy to get too far over one's skis! Ha ha!

How about 2 rear Grin wheelbarrow motors (with an axle I'd say), 4 scooter tires (in short-neck head tubes) supporting the middle section, and whatever stearing system you want to devise up front.

I love this!

I like the black frame/sled skis. I'd not want to run it on a mower deck, I appreciate the call-to-attention about complexity. Its easy to get too far over one's skis! Ha ha!

How about 2 rear Grin wheelbarrow motors (with an axle I'd say), 4 scooter tires (in short-neck head tubes) supporting the middle section, and whatever stearing system you want to devise up front.
Sounds like the best idea so far.

I love this!

Would 2 be strong enough to move it?

Back