• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

New Bafang Crank-Drives

johnrobholmes said:
Mini Stealth (6x 3077 fet v3 xie chang) controller gives much better throttle response and power at the "same" 25a programming.

Got a picture of the controller? Can it be integrated into the Bafang housing?

@CellBalance issue - I wonder if this means that these motor parts are geared more (no pun intended) towards the lower or higher gears? Meaning, if it makes it better to be steadily pulling the chain (another pun not intended) on the easier gears, or pulsing through the harder higher gears to sustain more of less the same speed.

they tell me I have a handicap I can not get my head around punctuation I have taken classes to learn it but it does not set in.
but it seams to me i'm not the one handicapped I have no trouble reading poorly written posts or properly written ones. guess i'm more versatile. I don't get distracted buy such things, so I can concentrate on the subject at hand.

Im sure if you concentrate hard you can read an understand what Im typing after all this is more about the bbso2 bafang motor and hints an tips we have all picked up along the way rather than the punctuation?

Don't worry about the grammar Nazis - we can understand you just fine.

Don't let the comments spoil your time on here :)

Is there any way to get the bafangs working with a belt drive? Or would it get ripped apart by the torque?

I have begun my production run of adaptor hubs for the bbso2 to change the stock gearing to a lower ratio ,to keep the motor temp lower and to aid in steeper hill climbing. If anyone out there is interested i should have these completed in a week or so :p

Attachments

• IMG_2014031511878.jpg
    IMG_2014031511878.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 4,301
wormsman said:
I have begun my production run of adaptor hubs for the bbso2 to change the stock gearing to a lower ratio ,to keep the motor temp lower and to aid in steeper hill climbing. If anyone out there is interested i should have these completed in a week or so :p

You doing road 130 bcd 5 hole?

wormsman said:

Where are you in the world?

CdnE90 said:
wormsman said:

Where are you in the world?

An island state of Australia

Im in New Zealand im only running the 4 hole bcd no need for 5 hole any reason why you need 5hole chain ring?

wormsman said:
Im in New Zealand im only running the 4 hole bcd no need for 5 hole any reason why you need 5hole chain ring?

Its ok. I can make one myself from Bunnings.

For a standard 50T or 53T Chainring.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400566562723?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

CellBalance said:
So here's the badness:...Note also, this is a pre-Nov.'13 motor. I'm told they upgraded the bearings after Nov.'13.
Mayhaps later models have different (better) material in this gear too.

Anyone have any further thoughts, observations or experience relevant to CB's gear mishap? Just wondering what might be expected down the track a bit with the 36V/250W unit we have under commuting test here?

Savvas.

I have a friend with a semi disabled wife with a TerraTrike Tandem, IPS version [ http://www.terratrike.com/tandem.php ]. They love to ride but my friend is experiencing some issues with his knees and wants an electric assist.

I am thinking about mounting the BBS02 on the machine for them. It's almost 500 pounds for the tandem and two riders. My friend will pedal most of the time just wanting the assist for more strenuous riding. The passenger will assist some but not too much.

Do you think this unit is up to this kind of load? The tandem trike has lots of gears and my friend is a strong rider who will do the steering and powering - he is well versed using the gears and can watch the temp.

Most rides will be generally flat and slightly hilly (2-4% grades), but there are a few steeper grades.
What do you think?

any reason why you need 5-hole chain ring?

A 110-BCD has a 5-arm spider, which some builders feel is more secure and stable than a 4-arm. the 110-BCD interface allows a 34T-52T chainring, a 5-arm 74-BCD chainring has tooth-counts from 24T-32T. (tooth-counts found on a quick Google, your results may vary)

If a 4-hole chainring is working well for you, you are not missing out on anything special...

I hooked up my bbs01 350w today to some lipo 42.0v HOC.

Display c961 comes up for three secs then i get error code ER4, which i think is an overvoltage cutoff.
Anyone able to confirm please?

Error code, Definition
04 Throttle no homing
05 Throttle abnormality
06 Low voltage protection
07 Over voltage protection
08 Hall sensor abnormality
09 Phase line abnormality
10 Controller overheat
11 Temperature sensor in controller abnormality
12 Current sensor abnormality
21 Speed sensor abnormality
22 Communication abnormality in BMS

Samd said:
I hooked up my bbs01 350w today to some lipo 42.0v HOC.

Display c961 comes up for three secs then i get error code ER4, which i think is an overvoltage cutoff.
Anyone able to confirm please?

Tom L's error codes are not correct for BBS01

04 Over voltage protection
05 Under volt protection

The 350W BBS01 i bought from Greenbikekit only accepts the voltage corresponding to a 10S lipo ~33-40 Volts

CodeDefinition
02 chip system abnormality
03 hall signal abnormality
04 OVP
05 UVP
06 too hot on controller
07 over phase current protection on motor
08 too hot on motor
09 throttle abnormality /not connected
10 brake state
11 communication abnormality
12 NTC abnormality on motor

Actually Tom is right. I have some early firmware, although maybe its codes are specific to the screen version. Something for the forum.

Battery was 42.0 volts and i dropped the throttle yesterday, the springs come out so easily. The reverse is not true.

I disconnected the throttle and it boots up and rides well with crank sensor only.

I have to divulge that apart from building hill climbers for customers riding on road, i do not like these drives.
When offroad they are no match for the torque on tap when using a gear hub running 1.5 to 2kw. Nor should they be a match but i suspect people are seeking them for that purpose...

Actually that was a bit harsh. Its not that i dont like it, i just dont love it as much...

Back