New Bafang Crank-Drives

I want to build a second bike with the 36V 500W motor. I already have a bike with the 36V 350W motor. What I want to do is use the same downtube battery pack for both bikes, but I can't find anyone selling the battery mounting bracket except LectricCycles, who wants US75.00! for just the bracket. I have searched for a couple of hours and can find no source on the internet. Does anyone have any info on a source? :?

UpRider said:
I want to build a second bike with the 36V 500W motor. I already have a bike with the 36V 350W motor. What I want to do is use the same downtube battery pack for both bikes, but I can't find anyone selling the battery mounting bracket except LectricCycles, who wants US75.00! for just the bracket. I have searched for a couple of hours and can find no source on the internet. Does anyone have any info on a source? :?

I got mine from EM3ev, it was about $20. I had someone willing to add it on to an order remain it to me. Making it about a $15.00 part. Lectric sucks, I couldn't get a good price even after paying full retail for a BBS01 and 36V battery. Now I can't even get a response to an email. I tried to organize a group buy of small bits from EM3ev on ES Facebook, only one bite. Maybe we could start a thread and make it happen? I did one with 9 people getting programming cables. Everyone paid in advance, I ordered the stuff and remained without a problem. I need two items. Interested? I can provide references from this list.

Tesla can vouch, he made an order and I got my mount through him. Worked great. Just a little trust. I have all the USPS boxes and am willing. Retired and need to save money, but have time to spend.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61410&hilit=Group+buy

Just checked mine was $25 re shipped by^^^ this nice guy.^^^

UpRider said:

Suggest you ask Paul at EM3ev. He obtained a spare battery mounting plate for me - fits the generic battery case that he and others use.

Savvas.

ECHO in here...<wink>

teslanv said:
Roadrash is doing another group buy for the EM3EV frame bags. I bet he would throw a bracket on the order for you.

Not enough bags ordered to proceed yet.

I have the time if you can trust that I'll do as good a job as last time. Full disclosure.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=65833

KINNINVIEKID said:
Have you managed to count them yet?
Yes, it is 44T so what is on the site today appers accurate.

-=dave

Thanks Dave :D

Just got my BBS02 today, didn't really have time, but hooked it up to a battery, and tested with the throttle...
It makes quite a bit of noise, can anybody confirm this is normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPSAh9qHG3E

Cheers, Nioko

I'd say laying on the surface it's on there would be some reflected sound from the surface and sound from the vibration or the motor reflected. It doesn't sound different than mine not mounted,

tomjasz said:
I'd say laying on the surface it's on there would be some reflected sound from the surface and sound from the vibration or the motor reflected. It doesn't sound different than mine not mounted,

Yes, lift it off the floor and see how the sound changes. The floor is probably acting as a sounding board...

As others have said in use it is virtually silent, the only ti,e I hear it barely is at low gear and close to no load.
Just make sure the motor is off the frame or that the rubber pad is the only contact, I had to add an extra bit of rubber due to frame design.

Thanks guys :D . I'm sure the floor makes it louder. What actually bothers me is that (it's pretty hard to explain for me, but I'll try): IT doesn't make a steady noise but more of a wave, as if something would not be centered perfectly - know what I mean?

Yup, the reverberation asa result of laying on a surface and not mounted on a bike.

nioko said:
Still deosn't sound right to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OunYsHExZc4

Sounds like an intermediate gear is a bit off centre or out of round. Can you count how many times it makes the sound per crank revolution? That combined with others' knowledge of the inside gearing should get you to the culprit.

Just went down into my quiet basement and ran mine mounted. You definitely are right and I was wrong. Not the way it should sound. Mea Culpa! Who did the motor come from? (finger crossed for the right reply)

Actually it's not :( . I've got it from elifebike.

I will count whem I'm in my workshop again. I rode it for 25km today, it does not sound that bad under load, but there were some "bang's" where I'm nit sure if they really came from the derailleur - so could be the freewheel in the nylon gear I guess.

nioko said:
Actually ut's not[CRYING FACE]. I've got it from elifebike.

I will count whem I'm in my workshop again. I rode it for 25km today, it does not sound that bad under load, but there were some "bang's" where I'm nit sure if they really came from the derailleur - so could be the freewheel in the nylon gear I guess.

You bought it from elifebike.com? Do you get it with new keys like mounted on bike or like on second ?

tumich said:
You bought it from elifebike.com? Do you get it with new keys like mounted on bike or like on second ?

I have ordered it with the C961 display, so I don't know which controls elifebike delivers if you order the C963.

nioko said:
tumich said:

I have ordered it with the C961 display, so I don't know which controls elifebike delivers if you order the C963.

This is c965. :)

nioko wrote:
Still deosn't sound right to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OunYsHExZc4

May not be relevant but have you tried it with the chain off or in different gears? Due to chainline issues i get a noise when i'm in 1/2/3 but its pretty much gone and only the faint motor hum by the time i.m in 4/5 gear.

Back