New Crank-motors

d8veh

1 GW
There were new crank-motors everywhere at the Shanghai show. I didn't ask about the power, but I think that they were all for the European markets, i.e 250W.

MXUS had one similar to the8Fun one 250 -500w, 24v - 48v.

Dapu

The Bofelli has een around since the last show. It requires an OEM frame

Shengyi looks good quality, but also needs an OEM frame

Not sure who makes this one. I saw it on several different bikes. It's marked MPF on the front

Xofo also had one there to try. It was a prototype, which felt pretty good, but we'll have to wait for normal production to give it a proper test.

I was a it disappointed that 8fun didn't have the full range to test because I wanted to judge the one that suited my weight the best.

Nice photos. I think there was also Ananda with their new crank motor (on the Climbull bikes). The MPF motors are made by MPF Drive in Taiwan (http://www.mpfdrive.com/en) but I'm not sure if their motors were properly set up for the exhibition.. The Bofeili motor Gen II was also on display during the exhibition and I'm going to check if I have a photo of it on display during the exhibition (it was running completely submerged in water..) :D

Ooh... i'm wondering what the price is gonna be for the MXUS.. that company does tend to sell things on the low price side.
Thanks for the info, dude!!

d8veh said:
I was a it disappointed that 8fun didn't have the full range to test because I wanted to judge the one that suited my weight the best.

Is there any further intelligence from any source about the latest developments from Bafang? There's news about new spare parts (pinion gears, controllers etc) at various sites but I'd be very interested to hear if the long awaited torque sensor drive has materialised...

Savvas.

Have you asked Paul at em3ev aka "cell_man" about them? according to his store, they are out of stock since the factory are making some redesign/ enhancement on those 8fun mids.

lantice13 said:
Have you asked Paul at em3ev aka "cell_man" about them? according to his store, they are out of stock since the factory are making some redesign/ enhancement on those 8fun mids.

Paul at em3ev tells me that the anticipated torque sensing BB for the BBS02 is still at an early stage - not yet ready.

Savvas.

samsavvas said:
Paul at em3ev tells me that the anticipated torque sensing BB for the BBS02 is still at an early stage - not yet ready.

Savvas.

They are launching at Eurobike (27th August). Availability to suppliers should be shortly after that but don't hold breath :)

Back