New "ePEDALER" Magazine

jkbrigman

10 kW
Got this in my email today, thought it would be good to spread the word among the E-S faithful:

Dear EV World Reader,

I wanted to let you know why there is no EV World Insider or Update newsletter this week. As you know, you usually can count on my getting out both newsletters like clockwork: Insider for our premium subscribers, Update for our free subscribers. This week I am taking a break while I work on drafting the business plan for our future spin-off of EV World called ePEDALER. If you check the URL: http://epedaler.com, you'll find a placeholder page. Assuming I can get the necessary funding together -- and I may be going the crowd-funding route -- epedaler.com will be the Internet face of a real-world, 'bricks and mortar' enterprise that I am very excited about, one that will eventually introduce hundreds of thousands of more Americans to the fun and fitness of electric-assist bicycles.

I think you will be surprised and, I hope, excited by the ePEDALER concept. I think it's brilliant, but then I am biased. I hope to have the plan pretty well wrapped up this week; the business case narrative is largely complete; the final piece being the financials, naturally. I trust you'll understand. Look for a resumption of both Insider and Update in another week.

Sincerely,
Bill Moore, Publisher
EV WORLD.COM

Seems like a positive development for all of us here on E-S. However, in the US, I would call this "big news" for ebike folks and at least "newsworthy" for the unwashed masses.

What I put to you is the question: "Is there anything more to know?" ... are there rising ebike numbers in the US that can be cited from some form of measurement? Obviously, the price of gasoline (and the recent, insane price spikes after Hurricane Isaac) is going to have an impact on ebike market. But is anyone aware of any other changes? Big deals by bike mfrs? By gov't agencies (like a big Police ebike purchase somewhere?), or any new bike highways?

JKB

A little off topic, but bill Moore has put out these free weekly "EVworld" updates for at least 3 years and is the leader (editor?) of the EVworld website. A very unbiased review of anything that has wheels and runs on electricity. Basically his site links to other publications and sometimes even video interviews with EV newsmakers. I can't wait to see where he goes with this latest venture.....

Gregor said:
A little off topic, but bill Moore has put out these free weekly "EVworld" updates for at least 3 years and is the leader (editor?) of the EVworld website. A very unbiased review of anything that has wheels and runs on electricity. Basically his site links to other publications and sometimes even video interviews with EV newsmakers. I can't wait to see where he goes with this latest venture.....

You're close enough to topic, no problem. 8)

I subscribe to the freebie edition (you get it 3 weeks late I think?) and have for several years now. I sop it up every bit when I get it, but sometimes I feel like Bill writes a bit more from the hobnobber/social butterfly perspective than I prefer. Much of what he writes is just too personal for me to give a flip about.

But his writing on their upgraded plug-in Gen2 Prius, every word has been golden. I have plans to do a plug-in upgrade to the gen3 prius I drive now...

Back