New freeride project - LMX P1

It's indeed looking better this way but finding a good mounting solution was not easy.
I have a chain tensioner and some wiring to finish. I should get my battery box next week, then it's game on :!:
919417_10151752293464617_2121979879_o.jpg

Looking REAL good! Can't wait to see how it works! Seriously though, keep an eye on those open ended tubes, I don't want you to stuff the handlebars through your chin if they break! Most likely they will be fine unless you get REAL brave with some really big drops or something... Cheers! Looking good!

This is great. I look forward to seeing 20kw in there. Wouldnt it be great to burn off your pack in 10 minutes or so and a motor and frame that would take it? carbon fiber mags, anyone?

Good project, you are making great progression , you are doing things that i want to do!!!!!! midmonster 2x24fet do it

As soon as my mid monster shows up I'll be doing that exact thing! 100amps @ 20s+! It should be here soon!

whats are those blocks that are under the controller?

They are hardcase lipo packs, 4S 5Ah each.
Whip, my plan is to go big with this bike, but really I'm sure something else will fail before those open tubes, plus I really like how they look ;)

Yeah most likely... You know, you could use some of those expanding collars like they use for motorcycle bar ends and use em to mount extra packs for long rides! Just an idea?

I just made the first power ups of the bike, but I had a hard time figuring the hall combos and i'm not sure the one I found isn't a fase positive as the motor gets super hot while just riding around... and I am only at 40A ATM!
On a more positive note the riding position and handling of the bike is really nice! Exacltly what I was after, exepted the footpegs that are still a bit high I think.

Hey just out of curiosity, what is the width available for your motor?

Actually it's tigth even for the 9c! I tried every combinaison and I only got false positives... halls are fine and motor seems to. It may be the cheapish hua tong 15fet, I will try my backup one tomorrow...

Oh ok bummer on the motor and dimensions! I was thinking a John in CR MId Monster in that puppy pulling 15,000 watts would be siik!

Runs!! I wired up the older 15fet. On 40 amps it pushes already quite well up to 65K 8) Now get the rear brake sorted and mod for 80amps and let the wheelie time begin :)

Video video!! Even rough is cool just want to see it in action! Do you notice any "squatting" with that setup under power?

Hi Adam,

It's sounds like the Delta/Wye conversion on the 9C has worked well, just keen to find out if you needed to reposition or adjust the hall sensors to compensate for the 30degree phase shift? Or is it working fine just by re-terminating the phases?

Brian

Yeah video is coming! (tomorow when I'll have more stuff sorted out)
The delta mod worked nice and I did not have to move sensors or adjust timing, it was just the controller that was defective out of the box :?
Hey I rode the bike some more today as I built a better chain tensioner, but without rear brake I crashed like a noob on a wheelie :roll: I think there WILL BE a learning curve :oops:
I'll see how it goes tomorow morning but now walking hurts a lot and I burned a lot of skin sliding on roasted grass :roll:

The pedal mount took a good hit too :mrgreen: I think I will have to rebuild that part stronger before leaving on my roadtrip tuesday !

Hey! You finally produced a MORTAL ebike video! Lol! Looking good it looks to be pretty quick!

Awesome bike!

How fast will it go with that hub motor?

Do you think the motor is more reliable in this configuration than it is in the wheel itself?

Back