New Speed Record (For Me!)

geeeyejo1

1 kW
Took the Gary Fisher with the 48V1000W Yescom kit for a run to the bank on Sunday - weather was warmer than I have been usually riding in (about 40DegF) - on a nice slight downhill run with the wind at my back the bike hit 32.7mph - felt like I was flying on the ground! On the way home; I passed a van on my block- he actually pulled a U-Turn at the end of the block, pulled up and asked me - "Is there a motor on that bike? You flew past me and you weren't even pedaling!" Explained the whole Ebike thing - he was impressed!

A good tuck (chin on handlebars, elbows and knees in) is good for another 2mph or so. Just mind out for bumps :shock:

You shoud pick up about 2 mph more as the weather warms up too. 100F day, your battery will really perk up.

One thing to consider, at 30 mph you will reach that intersection fast, where that car thinks you are going 15 mph on a "bike". Start practicing evasive manuvers if you haven't got years of motorcycle experience under your belt. Grab brakes and pray never works. You gotta steer that skid by not locking up the front brake. It's all about missing that frocker that just popped into your path.

Back