New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Does anyone know where to buy a replacement torque sensor (and other parts) in the EU?

PSW only ship them from China so would be great to be able to cut delivery time some.

Planning to try to get my old TSDZ2 to hang in there for a bit longer before deciding to upgrade to TSDZ8 or DMO-2.

Thx!

/N

Does anyone know where to buy a replacement torque sensor (and other parts) in the EU?

PSW only ship them from China so would be great to be able to cut delivery time some.

Planning to try to get my old TSDZ2 to hang in there for a bit longer before deciding to upgrade to TSDZ8 or DMO-2.

Thx!

/N
Here: Tongsheng Ersatz Drehmoment Sensor für TSDZ2 36V und 48V
(Berlin / Germany)
Did you check what is broken in rhe torque sensor? A lot is diy repairable

Hello. I bought the TSDZ2 from PSW - the B version with 850C display. I have previously done 4 builds with this motor - I made the batteries and my friend did the softwareupgrade. Now I needed a bigger bike for my son and bought the B version. But when plugged in with the ST cable and the ST Visual programmer open I can´t read the motor. The visual programmer is setup to STM8S105x6. I have tried with the motor turned on and turned off and without battery power. Any ideas. Did they change the chip on the B version ?
And can the 850C display be flashed with new firmware ? The plug is different than the plug to the 860 display so I guess I need to make a new plug?

.... Any ideas. Did they change the chip on the B version ?
And can the 850C display be flashed with new firmware ? ....
There is a good chance this controller isn't flashable.
First is to check the settings. If there is an option to enable/disable the speedlimit, it could be such a controller.
Second is to measure the speedsensor input. If you measure 0V (be carefull with power on), you can't flash this controller.
Tsdz2 connectionsOldNew2.jpg
If the 850C is delivered as stock display with Tsdz2B and does work with stock firmware it can't be flashed.

Last edited:
hi,
Does anyone why some of these torque sensors have 3 pegs and 3 springs, while others have only 2? i have been servicing my motor and i noticed i have only 2 pegs and 2 compression springs, i thought i lost one during disassembly but then i looked it up on internet and some of them got 2 others 3, why is that?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2024-05-16 093922.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-16 093922.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
Cost reduction.
In the past Tongsheng had reduced more components, like bearings.
By deleting 1 spring, forces are no longer evenly distributed. They should have placed the 2 springs so they are 180 degrees apart.

Here: Tongsheng Ersatz Drehmoment Sensor für TSDZ2 36V und 48V
(Berlin / Germany)
Did you check what is broken in rhe torque sensor? A lot is diy repairable
Thanks!

I have not felt competent to do so, but since I'm now considering replacing the full motor I think I may as well give it a shot, an dif nothing else learn something in the process.

Unfortunately this thread is getting pretty unwieldy as a knowledge-base, so if there is any other, more systematically organized, resource for identifying and fixing tsdz2 problems I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in its direction.

Cheers,

/N

Thanks!

I have not felt competent to do so, but since I'm now considering replacing the full motor I think I may as well give it a shot, an dif nothing else learn something in the process.

Unfortunately this thread is getting pretty unwieldy as a knowledge-base, so if there is any other, more systematically organized, resource for identifying and fixing tsdz2 problems I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in its direction.

Cheers,

/N
Lots of good info here FAQ

Thanks!

Cheers,

/N
I'd recommend starting a new thread and not look for help in this mega thread. I swapped the torque sensor (and everything else) from a broken TSDZ2 motor to a new casing over the winter months. After getting it to run on the bench, installed it in a bike, it's running fine so far with 315 miles on it. You may find some useful info Broken TSDZ2 motor casing rebuild

IMG_3596.jpeg

IMG_3597.jpeg

Hi All!

Has anyone bought a tsdz2b from PSW recently? Are they still shipping the old V1 aka ST-based aka Flashable version of it?

Hello. I bought the TSDZ2 from PSW - the B version with 850C display. I have previously done 4 builds with this motor - I made the batteries and my friend did the softwareupgrade. Now I needed a bigger bike for my son and bought the B version. But when plugged in with the ST cable and the ST Visual programmer open I can´t read the motor. The visual programmer is setup to STM8S105x6. I have tried with the motor turned on and turned off and without battery power. Any ideas. Did they change the chip on the B version ?
And can the 850C display be flashed with new firmware ? The plug is different than the plug to the 860 display so I guess I need to make a new plug?
Did you manage to find out which version of the controller you had?

I'd recommend starting a new thread and not look for help in this mega thread. I swapped the torque sensor (and everything else) from a broken TSDZ2 motor to a new casing over the winter months. After getting it to run on the bench, installed it in a bike, it's running fine so far with 315 miles on it. You may find some useful info Broken TSDZ2 motor casing rebuild
Thanks, I'll check it out! :)

My TSDZ2 was pretty quiet at low RPM, but was noisier than I'd wish when pedalling over 70 RPM, so I decided to replace the fast spinning bearings, which are more likely to transmit vibrations.
I changed the 696RS at the end of the motor shaft, and the 608RS and the 6001RS on both ends of the blue gear axle. I went for branded, C3 grade bearings. The C3 classification means that they are adapted to high speed and have an extended play which can accomodate for larger tolerances (this last characteristic somehow rang a bell when I read it..)
On the first ride the sound was barely lower, but after a few tens of km, the change is truly remarquable ! Now the motor is almost silent at low RPM, and makes a tamed, high pitched whine when cadence increases. In town, I can only hear it on flat tarmac, in a silent street.. The only moment it's really audible is when going slow on a hill, at high cadence, but I don't find it too bothering (and it's much better than before).
I believe the most important bearing for a change is the 696RS since it's the one that spins the fastest and is in direct contact with the external case.

I'm impressed with what can be done with that little TSDZ2 ! With a good heat mod, a change of bearing and mbrusa's OSF, it can become a pretty decent motor ! For a purchase the To7 DM02 is likely a much better option out of the box now, but for around 250€ in Europe the TSDZ2 is still a bargain if you're ready to spend time modding stuff on it..

Last edited:
There is a good chance this controller isn't flashable.
First is to check the settings. If there is an option to enable/disable the speedlimit, it could be such a controller.
Second is to measure the speedsensor input. If you measure 0V (be carefull with power on), you can't flash this controller.
View attachment 352860
If the 850C is delivered as stock display with Tsdz2B and does work with stock firmware it can't be flashed.
I got 4.8 volt ! So must have the old one. I suppose I'm using wrong COM port. Not used to Windows.

Back