• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Not quite a Satiator, but $89 delivered!

john61ct

1 TW
Nothing to do with me, just thought maybe a good value for members.

Lambda (pre TDK) adjustable lab DC Power Supply, old school high quality built like a tank

Model# LQ-533

Can go right down to 1S voltages, manual balancing of cells or paralleled groups, CC cap testing

Or all the way up to 60V

0-3.3A current rate

USA mains input only, 10A house circuit OK

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254715338387

Got a side offer for $89, just DM the seller.

Delivery alone on these is usually $50-80!

But not, it is **not** really a "charger", no automatic stop-charge at full

An adjustable HVC will take care of that, or

just keep an eye on the ammeter, stop manually soon as it starts falling after the CV stage is reached.

Also, a great input for DCDC chargers like the more powerful iChargers, FMA/Revolectrix Cellpro etc

brone said:
Or just a meanwell hlg led driver instead of this diy nightmare
There is nothing more "DIY" with any PSU over another, what are you referring to?

The HLGs are great in fact I have dozens, but they are only adjustable over a narrow voltage range.

Someone with a collection of packs at different voltages would need to buy multiple chargers, that is my point in comparing to the much better but more expensive Satiator.

I'm not plugging this auction, don't care just thought might be of interest to someone.

If it does not fit your use case just ignore the thread!

john61ct said:
brone said:
Or just a meanwell hlg led driver instead of this diy nightmare
There is nothing more "DIY" with any PSU over another, what are you referring to?

The HLGs are great in fact I have dozens, but they are only adjustable over a narrow voltage range.

Someone with a collection of packs at different voltages would need to buy multiple chargers, that is my point in comparing to the much better but more expensive Satiator.

I'm not plugging this auction, don't care just thought might be of interest to someone.

If it does not fit your use case just ignore the thread!

Well you meantioned the Satiator which is weatherproof, light-ish PSU which you can take anywhere. This weighs alot more (judging by the picture), bulkier and also isnt sealed against the weather - it would be stationary PSU at best

If this is the same company that made the VW , Audi, etc early oxygen sensors (Lambda Probes) , they are probably high quality, no doubt.

brone said:
Well you meantioned the Satiator which is weatherproof, light-ish PSU
No the Satiator is a proper charger, has algorithms to auto-terminate, judge "target battery is Full".

PSUs are missing that, so either you sit an watch your V&A to terminate manually, or identify & purchase an additional HVC gadget to cut off the main supply according to your desired stop-charge voltage

Obviously the Satiator has many other advantages, but a delivered price of $90 may well make the Lambda more interesting to some.

The Lambda can also be used for much lower voltages, so can be used for maintenance protocols the Satiator can't, equalizing lead batteries, balancing LI cells at 1S etc

Another budget option for multiple charge voltages , with user set voltage ( 24-90v), current (0_10A), capacity monitoring , etc and variable input voltage,...is the MPT 7210A ..600W capacity and available for <$40 !
https://www.wish.com/product/lcd-display-mpt-7210a-mppt-solar-panel-charge-controller-2436486072v-boost-594b7f527b85be49ef2d369a?hide_login_modal=true&share=mobileweb
Somewhere on here there is a review thread, but my search didnt find it ?
Except this one ..
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=88930&p=1522940&hilit=Mpt+7210a#p1522940
NOTE:.. it needs a separate DC power supply ..but they are cheap !

Back