NYX Quokka Build

so looks like the guy blew the sabvoton because the phase wires were not properly connected on powerup(must have dislodged when he transported the bike). i think only 1 or 2 connected, blew all the fets on one phase. the controller has 30 fets btw, 10/phase.
the fet type is called techcode , and looks difficult to find on ebay/ali. hopefully i can get some replacements after china holiday.

China and all things chinese shut down for 2 weeks at this time of year. Was in singapore last weekend for the start of it so i guess another week and you should be sorted

looking good!
i found the sabvoton case actually weighs around 2 kg, and the actual board inside and heatsink the fets are screwed to is only 1.2kg.
it would make sense to set the board up in the frame with heatsinks on the front of the bike save some weight, though the nyx is praps not really suited to that so well, unlike the vector for example.

oh, and if you havnt programmed it yet, switch"slide regen" to off. it basically means it auto brakes when the throttle is released. really annoying when testing on the stand as it makes a massive clunk! each time you release the throttle.
electric brake is what you want, ie. variable regen. very confusing.

and dont set speed limit type to "no limit" just leave it as "internal set"
it makes the wheel spin up to maximum with no way to stop as soon as its enabled :shock:

got one sabvoton boxed and ready to send back for repairs, but qs have already said its probably a write off.

Good tips there.. i can see a lot of swearing will be going on in the next few weeks... thats is if can manage to get all this crap in the frame and am able to plug the bricks together :roll:

i wish i could compare....i had only the 72150/96150 models and unfortunately they had only 150a and couldnt really compare to 200a adapttos.
the OVS setting from adaptto makes alot more speed with 20s
the other side is you can heat up the max-e easy in summer on slow speeds or steep hills.
sabvotons heavy brick monster stays cool as ice in all conditions.
never had a real issue with them but fitting 160mm under a 110mm frame or less......not "optimal" :D
all my sabvotons had also something like a delay in the throttle. even if i set them to 0.1 or zero if possible in an unlocked version.

ill have a video up....will post in a few minutes.

bare motor...no rim or tires...
in real world testing it accelerates good but its far away from a throttle response from the infineon "crap"
if you try to drift (no matter if its a nice rainy road or normal offroad sand condition) you feel it instant.
but these are early models of sabvoton....theres hope they have it maybe fixed...like a good working BT connection *lol

if my max-e goes to hell some day, today, sabvoton would be my next choice (again)

[youtube]vCJTFNT0ot4[/youtube]

yes i had similar with mine before it got blown up :cry:

there was some odd stuff going on with the throttle response. the dominos strangely seemed more spungy then the cheap wuxing thumb throttle in response.
it seemed that the first part of the twist wouldnt get the motor going until it had gone ~half through the range.
the voltage as read by the sabvoton would stay at 1.4v for most of the range then suddenly kick up to 3 or 4volts. the controller just diddnt want to register the 1.4v as much of a signal, even though i set it that way. i much prefer the adaptto throttle mapping.

that said i never got the sabvoton bike to a point where i could actually test ride it :roll:

Did you run a 2k resistor? I am following the instructions qs sent me. I know there is a common bug with dominos confusing controlers. I reckon this combo should be easily as powerful as an adaptto. 200amps DC 450 phase. 300 amp bms with battery temp sensors and thermal roll back enabled by the cycle anyst. Only downside is the size of the sabvoton. Its definatly not stealthy... but to me it looks super tough

Nice job Quokka.. looks the goods. Sure is tight huh! RTL got 22S 18p in there... I did 21S... I ran the main leads out of the base of the frame for final connection. Very tight.

Free shipping 6AWG Silicone wire 6 AWG 6# silica gel wires Conductor 3200/0.08mm AWG 8 high temperature tinned copper cable
http://s.aliexpress.com/Bbyiiem6?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Aliexpress has heaps of it. The shop i bought mi e from is out of stock. Not as nice as turnigy stuff but is still pretty good

i ran my 6awg phases down the seam on inside,under the pack. i left te battery cables 8awg, apparently less critical.

rps20180306_202457_115.jpg

All fits... now just waiting on a few jst connectors and crimp terminals for the sabvoton. And... for my custom swing arm bushes to find their way across the pacific

Back