Odd controller cut out

10 µW
After about 800km of use my voilamart controller (3 mode) has decided to randomly cut out. At any speed or incline it will cut out. Sometimes it happens right away, other times it take's quite a while before it appears. It will disappear just the same. Sometimes the power come's back if full throttle is applied as 23km/hr is crossed when coasting down but anything less then full throttle and the cut out will stay. Power always come's back at 7km/hr. Pulling hall sensor's cure's the cut out with a loss of power and speed.

About a month before the issue came I noticed my motor being noisy and running sensorless. All hall's were replaced with SS411A, connector's/wire's checked via meter and fixed the factory soldering. Power read's 4.2v on Red and 5V square pulse on output on all three when respective magnet's pass's. While doing this work I checked the phase wire's, battery loom and the resistance was negligible. Throttle was tested and read fine. Phase combo seems fine.

Wondering if I'm missing something here or it's just failing oddly. Do plan on replacing it with a S12S.

8520 said:
After about 800km of use my voilamart controller (3 mode) has decided to randomly cut out. At any speed or incline it will cut out. Sometimes it happens right away, other times it take's quite a while before it appears. It will disappear just the same. Sometimes the power come's back if full throttle is applied as 23km/hr is crossed when coasting down but anything less then full throttle and the cut out will stay. Power always come's back at 7km/hr. Pulling hall sensor's cure's the cut out with a loss of power and speed.

About a month before the issue came I noticed my motor being noisy and running sensorless. All hall's were replaced with SS411A, connector's/wire's checked via meter and fixed the factory soldering. Power read's 4.2v on Red and 5V square pulse on output on all three when respective magnet's pass's. While doing this work I checked the phase wire's, battery loom and the resistance was negligible. Throttle was tested and read fine. Phase combo seems fine.

Wondering if I'm missing something here or it's just failing oddly. Do plan on replacing it with a S12S.

Does it cutout under all three assist modes?

8520 said:
Pulling hall sensor's cure's the cut out with a loss of power and speed.

i would check the solder on the hall sensors that was replaced. might have used a low temp solder wire to solder the connections and it may be melting/disconnecting on use or not have sufficient solder to combat the heat. that's where i would start. good luck.

Thank you, I did. Motor stays under 60c in 18c weather, even with the steep 7.5% grade road that I live on. Still double checked the connections. Joint's were cleaned then replaced with 60/40 and flux washed with 99% ISO. Do have silver solder on hand if need be. Left was factory right was me.

Attachments

• IMG_20211009_143122.jpg
    IMG_20211009_143122.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 196
Back