Overvolting BBS02

Remove old broken controller. Remove its guts and cut a square or rectangle between two of the three holes.
I am thinking about inserting the cables where the old cables, from the old controller, went out of the controller kind of. But you mean a totally new rectangle-hole correct? Not where the old wires went out?

The funny idea was that it could be half-integrated to the old controller if the new one was in the size of about 9 by 5 by 3 centimeters.
Yeah mine is bigger. So I will have to have that one on the outside. It is a KT controller of 30amp. So I want to push more watts into the motor basically. Making it stronger. Seems like a fun project since I only have a 500 watt controller in this BBs-motor. So plan to switch it.

I have been running the bbs02b at 48v 33 amps (1584w) for 2 months without any problems. Using the open source firmware.
hmm interesting. Do you guys think it is possible to up it to 52olt as well? So 52v*33amp

Remember Chalo writing something about volts not giving more heat so might not be a problem(?) But someone else also wrote that the capacitators might get fried?

The controller electronics is the limitation of the battery voltage so if you change the controller. That controller voltage will define your max voltage.

You can run some motors with only the thick phase wires connected if the controller can work in sensorless mode. Or virtual hall-sensor modulation* you could say with other words.

The protection from where the cables comes out is not the most important. Rather everything else and when all is finished you but some glue, melt glue or silicon in there so no water gets in.

Back