Philistine's Yuba Mundo Station Wagon

I don't think it uses position-sensitive damping, so it's prob ok.

The max drop of the lower crown is 156mm, with upper crown 2mm below top caps

There are only two upper crowns available, same as Boxxer.

Hope this helps

Well its way longer than 156mm.......190mm with the top crown 1mm below the stanchion top-caps, so 24mm lower than 'allowed'. Id like to know what the stanchions internal taper profile looks like so i could know just how thin the tube wall gets lower down where the lower crown is currently clamped....not information that im likely to find on the internet though. Would have to measure it myself i guess. Whatever the case, theres nothing i can do about it short of reaming down the headtube length to the weld joins to gain maybe 10mm of reduction at most...the headset ive currently got installed is about as low profile as they come. I just backed off the torque a tad on the lower crown clamps to minimise the chance of the stanchions getting crushed during heavy lateral impacts...Youve definately got me worried now :|

As you can see below, Rockshox dual-crown forks are not a well fitting match with the ridiculous length of the Mundo headtube.

It's a shame the handling is bad, because those forks make the Mundo look badass.

Boostjuice - next time you are in my neighbourhood drop past for a go on the Greyborg. It is insane fun.

Philistine said:
It's a shame the handling is bad, because those forks make the Mundo look badass.

Boostjuice - next time you are in my neighbourhood drop past for a go on the Greyborg. It is insane fun.

Would love too and ive been intending to :mrgreen: . Have hardly had a spare weekend to pop over between all my overdue uni assignments and interstate NSW fieldtrips (one of the joys/burdens of an environmental science degree)

BTW a few months back i made contact with the owner/operator of the 'quiet-rush' stealth fighter reseller business based in Canberra. He seemed quite open to test riding his personal Tonka yellow Stealth Fighter (havent got around to it myself yet). Would be interesting to do a ride comparison if you want to make contact with him >> http://store.quietrush.com.au/

I wasn't familiar with the Quiet Rush business, makes total sense for Canberra, I would imagine there would be a lot of interested buyers her in Canberra, with the good riding spots, and abundance of overpaid public servants with money to burn. If you do organise a ride with him let me know and I will bring along the Borg.

Just hit me up with a text or call when you want to drop past, you are going to love it, somewhat of an improvement on my ghetto toolbox bike you had a go on....

Back