Pictures of my first humble eBike!

snowcrow

100 W
This is my "Wallie World Special" (Wal-Mart)!! When I pass people on high end bikes, going up hill, some laugh :lol: and some cry :cry: !! Some people laugh then cry :roll: View attachment 3ebikeR.jpg Cryl 408 rear hub, 48v 25a controller, with 4 12v 12ah SLA'sView attachment 1I mounted the controller using two "U" bolts covered with rubber hose. They real snug on the frame so when the cap nuts are removed, the "U" bolts stay in place. The placement of the controller up front keeps it cool, even during long climbs 8) It also make the kill switch easy to get to if need be :shock: Wiring.jpg The yellow 8 awg wire side to side in back still needs some braided sleeve (on it way) :D Also put a "Watts-Up" meter in the battery bag, between batteries and controller, for the time being, (wire also on it way) to keep track of amp-hours. Bike weight 80 lbs. My weight 170 lbs. Total weight 250 lbs. :mrgreen: Blessings, Snow Crow

Wal-Mart bikes, FTW! :D

Hmm, yours looks cleaner than mine did, both in aesthetics and dirt content...

But you left out the important stuff. Speeds? Range? Lycra hell-giving ability?

Wow, Snowcrow, ucan hardly see the 408! That is a good stealth bike! No wonder the racing crowd may have problems! I used to ride the Route 30 river road in Brattleboro before the invention of Lycra, so U never knew who U were gonna race!
otherDoc

Link said:
Wal-Mart bikes, FTW! :D

Hmm, yours looks cleaner than mine did, both in aesthetics and dirt content...

But you left out the important stuff. Speeds? Range? Lycra hell-giving ability?
It's been raining here almost every day since I finished installing the system on the bike :cry:, typical! The two 14.8 mile pedal assist trip I've taken, so far, brought the SLA batteries down 40% , so I'd say about 28 miles pedal assist @ 15mph (rolling terrain). I did one 6 mile full throttle run with the "Watts-Up" meter, 1297w (peak), 29a (peak), 4.62ah used :?: , so about 13 miles no pedel @ 30mph (rolling terrain) I would say. Blessings, Snow Crow

This thread belongs in the "Photos and Videos" section. :wink:

Nice bike.

Vt hills can be a system killer, so you might want to score an IR thermometer to check the hub temp. You can hack the sensor from a HF cheepie and mount it by the hub.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2448

:mrgreen:

I guess I stopped on floor one. 28 years now, thank god she stopped at the basement!

My wallyworld bike is perfect for me, now that I put comfy seat, seatpost, bigger front crank, and bmx handlebars on it. Still the total cost was under $100 since the bike itself was at a garage sale. No need to buy these bikes from the store, they are everywhere.

Nice build. Enjoy it. :mrgreen:

Methinks you'll quickly find you want an upgrade for those SLAs. 28 miles is extremely optimistic - you'll see it with a lot of pedaling, or, um... downhill.

And of course, the wallyworld bikes are a great value when you electrify them and don't use those silly extra bits, like pedals and chains and shifters and derailleurs. :wink: Really. Strong steel frames are great!

docnjoj said:
Wow, Snowcrow, ucan hardly see the 408! That is a good stealth bike!"
The motor hub being painted black really helps to blend it in with the saddlebags at a distance, but its best stealth attribute is the decal on the head tube that say. "Huffy" and below that, "made in china" :shock: Blessings, Snow Crow

TylerDurden said:
Nice bike.

Vt hills can be a system killer, so you might want to score an IR thermometer to check the hub temp. You can hack the sensor from a HF cheepie and mount it by the hub.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2448

:mrgreen:
Thats a wonderful idea, thanks TylerDurden!! I'll have to put that on my to do list for sure!! BTW how is yours holding up? 8) Blessings, Snow Crow

dogman said:
I guess I stopped on floor one. 28 years now, thank god she stopped at the basement!

My wallyworld bike is perfect for me, now that I put comfy seat, seatpost, bigger front crank, and bmx handlebars on it. Still the total cost was under $100 since the bike itself was at a garage sale. No need to buy these bikes from the store, they are everywhere.
I didn't buy new, this is a pre-yard sale grab from my Uncle. He rode it once and than sold it to me for $50. As you can see, I went with the comfy seat too, those narrow thing just don't cut it any more, feels like you've been sitting on the cross bar after a hard days ride :shock: The cheezy stamped metal drag brakes are down right scary, with a motor hub on this thing :shock: first and foremost on my to do list of things to be fixed 8) Blessings, Snow Crow

lazarus2405 said:
Nice build. Enjoy it. :mrgreen:

Methinks you'll quickly find you want an upgrade for those SLAs. 28 miles is extremely optimistic - you'll see it with a lot of pedaling, or, um... downhill.

And of course, the wallyworld bikes are a great value when you electrify them and don't use those silly extra bits, like pedals and chains and shifters and derailleurs. :wink: Really. Strong steel frames are great!
I bought the SLA's just to get my rig on the road. I figured I'd do a little research before shelling out the big bucks on a battery pack. You're right, the only thing worth saving on these bikes is the frame, although my is all aluminum, and I will be using a "T" arm on the hub. The rear dropouts are 1/4 in. thick. Blessings, Snow Crow

Back