1 mW
:bolt: Hello,
I have an emrax 188 LV motor,
View attachment 2
Emrax 188.png
The motor was mounted on our prototype motorcycle
View attachment 3

My job is to run it using its full potential. :flame:

So far the motor has worked with the sevcon gen4 size6 driver.
The power we were able to obtain is about 10kW (power taken from battery a 15kW).
Our colleagues from another university used the emdrive emsiso 500 driver
and obtained a similar result in terms of power, but definitely more torque.

So my question is: Do you have a driver proposal that could handle this motor?

Documentation:
https://emrax.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/user_manual_for_emrax_motors.pdf

I also conducted a test with a very primitive GT1500 controller,
I was curious how this engine behaves if we control it with speed.
I wonder if it makes sense to try with ESC modeling which will have a current of 500A.
The control method will not be suitable for electric vehicles, but maybe I can get the power that the engine manufacturer declares, and that's my goal now.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JTHb0FkviU[/youtube]

That didn’t sound well 😀
I’ve read about many issues with driving the emrax motors.. they seem difficult to control so go to the source:

What controller is recommended by emrax themselves? They should be able to provide a setup file for this controller.

The motor is very difficult to control, its low resistance and inductance of windings require high precision in control. I contacted the manufacturer, unfortunately it doesn't have DCF files (for sevcon) for this version of the motor. Recommended controllers for this motor are sevcon, unitek bamocar and emsiso emdrive.

I don't know this particular motor, but low inductance motors are normally driven from low battery voltage, because the current control needs reasonably low phase current ripple at the pwm frequency (consider U*dt=L*dI). I'd recommend to try it at the lowest controller supply voltage and the highest switching frequency, but 30V still seems too high for 6uH and 16kHz. Or change to the MV motor, there shouldn't be such problems with that according to the numbers in table.

hi all,

i like to buy a Emrax 208 LV and use it with sevcon gen4 size6 at 96v lifepo battery for max 30kw power.

someone have a dfc file for this compination?

Back