Predeco Outlaw SS

R.Stevens

10 mW
Well I took my new Outlaw out for a spin on Saturday. Temperature was 38 degrees, sun was shining, a perfect day to put it through its paces. Let me tell you, it didn't disappoint. I live nearby a conservation area named Pingree, a public farm names Appleton Farms, a state park named Beadley Palmer, and a state forrest names Willowdale. All for properties abut one another, so you can seamlessl
y transistion from one property to the next. There are miles and miles of doubletrack fire roads, and more challenging singletrack trails build especially for mountain biking. You can easily put together a four hour epic loop through these properties and that is exactly what I did.

The Outlaw handled like a mountain bike ferrari effortlessly traversing every twist and turn of the knarly trails. The power to tackle is type terrain is gh the gears at felt immediately as previouslt encountered obstacles are overcome with ease. I choose to pedal and go through the gears at all times, as opposed to passively letting the motor do all the work. This way I still get a reasonable workout and get to extend my ride from let's say 8 miles, to 19 miles.

The bike is absolutely a beauty to look it. The candy orange paint job with yellow lettering it gorgeous. The quality brake and transmission components are rock solid, top shelf high performance all the way. The 2.4 inch knobby Trail King tires are fantastic. They dug in well and really hugged the corners, and took on all obstacles, whether it be rocks or roots with non-slip precision on a day when things were a little slick and wet.

Robert Stevens

That bike looks fun.

Umm you work for Prodeco Mr Stevens..

Jason27 said:

No Jason, I work in Medical imaging, in Massachusetts. Prodeco is in Florida, but it is my second Prodeco bike. I've logged hundreds of hours and like their products very much. I only do off-road, and when I read about their 2013 Outlaw, I had to have it, since it was made for the type of riding I enjoy most. My first ebike was a DIY 250 watt front hub motor (Clean Republic Hilltopper) on a 26inch foldable Montague Paratrooper mountain bike. I used it for two years, then stepped up to a Prodeco Phantom X. It took me to the next level of ebikes because of the 500 watt rear motor. The Outlaw has a 750 watt motor and is better suited for exclusive off-road due to its single reinforced frame design. I've also received very good support from their company concerning parts acquisition and honoring warranty guarantees.

All I can report on is my personal experience with the company and their products. I haven't tried any others except for my DIY, which was minor league compared to the Outlaw. This is a real head turner.

Robert Stevens

I don't care about look
Motor and battery all in the rear?
Battery above rear wheel?
That cannot be stable.
Very bad weight distribution.
Maybe they are too concerned about look.

miro13car said:
I don't care about look
Motor and battery all in the rear?
Battery above rear wheel?
That cannot be stable.
Very bad weight distribution.
Maybe they are too concerned about look.
Appearance is obviously important in a commercially marketed, pre-built Ebike. I too have opted for a rear rack battery pack in the bag provided with my kit as I like the stealth look myself. I have used my bike with a full cooler on the rear rack on a 46 mile ride and didn't mind the weight - since I will be doing little off road riding, I don't anticipate the rear weight to be an issue - time will tell though...

Jason27 said:

+1
Based on content and post history, I persist in my belief that this poster has a vested interest in Prodeco. :roll:

The bike is absolutely a beauty to look it. The candy orange paint job with yellow lettering it gorgeous. The quality brake and transmission components are rock solid, top shelf high performance all the way. The 2.4 inch knobby Trail King tires are fantastic.

We already know the components Prodeco uses are super-low-end, not "top shelf high performance"... and what you choose to comment on is not what I would expect to stand out in the mind of someone who just did an eRide. Is it really that hard to sell these Prodeco bikes, or is it that they cost so much for so little performance? :lol:

Almost an exact copy of one of the testimonials on the Prodeco site ( look to the right )
http://prodecotech.com/bikes/titanio-29er/

Just smells like prodeco spam to me. But the post did come from MA, not FL.

Anyway the bike is nothing too special. A 9C clone on a 48V battery with sort of a downhill-ish cruiser frame. Yeah, the battery placement is really bad and will contribute to poor handling. With the seat being so far back, plus some of the battery weight being behind the center of the rear wheel, this bike might be prone to wheelies. I'd never design a commercial ebike like that.

They are a bargain for sure.

Nep good find again, your last great find was those social network crackers.

R stevens in your first post I felt like I was reading an old Sears catalog with that writing style.

It is an exact copy because it is the same poster (auther) R Stevens and Prodeco used his review as one of their testimonials on their website.

You guys crack me up. I have no relationship with Prodeco other than being a two time customer. First experience was a Phantom X which was a nice ebike but nothing compared to the Outlaw. The Outlaw has 30% more power and they've upped the quality of its components dramatically compared to the Phantom.

There may be many better high end ebikes out there but I've never ridden any. These two were my first commericial ebikes. I previously added a 250 watt front wheel motor to my Montague Paratrooper which really was my first experience with a DIY ebike.

I wrote my testimony on Facebook and Prodeco contacted me and asked if they could include it on their website. Why would I mind ?

I could care less whether you believe I'm a legit customer or not. I don't understand your open hostility to Prodeco or my legitimacy . You may have had a different experience than I, but I'm not bad mouthing your integrity, am I ?

I was one of the first owners of their new Outlaw so I was also one of the first to write about my experience with it, which was quite positive.

What I like most about the company is the way they've honored the terms of their warranty on any issues I've experienced with broken or non-functioning components relating to my Phantom X. Originally I ordered a Phantom X2 and because of production issues I received a Phantom X instead with the stipulation that I would receive my X2 components (new controller, battery, and battery rack) as soon as they became available. Three months later they arrived and I did a DIY conversion to an X2 that worked out great. So my initial experience with the company and its management was quite positive. I just received the outlaw, and so far, it exceeds my Phantom by far. So why would I badmouth them like you ? I have no reason to.

Have a nice life and happy new year if it's possible.

Robert

We have no reason to badmouth them, it's just that this is a forum of DIYers and we are not as interested in prebuilt bikes like that as a whole ( unless they're exceptional, like say, a stealth bike, optibike, etc ).

We have seen some guerilla marketing going on with prodeco for the least year or so, so having a member who doesn't post here often or is rather new raises some eyebrows.

Googling "Well I took my new Outlaw SS out for a spin on Saturday."

You get this:
http://goo.gl/s5aZ2

All 17 results pointing to prodecotech.com. 'Nuff said. :twisted:

People travel over holiday, fwiw.....

Prodicko and few others orchestrate shill marketing on various forums and we would be remiss to the "movement" if we failed to give scrutiny where scrutiny is due. This company has lost all credibility in my book and I'm not alone.

A legit review is when somebody actually uses the product and offers genuine photos of said product and situation logistics and data of it's use.

ambroseliao said:
Googling "Well I took my new Outlaw SS out for a spin on Saturday."

You get this:
http://goo.gl/s5aZ2

All 17 results pointing to prodecotech.com. 'Nuff said. :twisted:
Out of fairness to the OP - this all points to the same review, posted on different pages of the Prodeco site - not different reviews using the same content - very possible he is legit and not a Prodeco plant. Personally for the cost of the Outlaw SS I would build up a much more capable bike - but this approach is not for everyone... With that said would like to see photos of the actual bike, video in use, etc

I didn't realize this forum was inclusive to DIYs only, since its title is:

"E-Bike Reviews & Testing Get real world experience and user feedback on the electric bicycle products"

having said that, I've posted here previously regarding my Phantom X............but I wasn't met with such hostility, so therefore I thought I'd post again with my new Outlaw experience, that's it.

Robert

I think he's legit, I googled him & his posts here when he first posted his Outlaw review & he did have the Phantom x @ first even had the a gripe with Prodeco but he was satisified with Prodeco's response & warranty service.
My experience with my Storm 500 wasnt as smooth but that is indeed the company's cheapest model. I thought the components were cheap & had other issues with the customer service & sold mine @ a loss but to be fair it was early 2012 & they seem to be improving with quality control & listen to the customers feedback. That Outlaw seems to have much better components, but I bet I could break it in a week on the trails LOL :D Just kidding Prodeco boys, Seriously I like the fact it dosent fold & the forks are pretty Gnarly..cool bike

As a member of this forum, I actually look forward to reviews of pre-built ebikes. I have the Phantom X, Stride 500 and 2 restored and retro-fitted (50 mph) EVG ebikes that I built myself. When I was new to the hobby, Prodeco was the only ebike I considered because of the 2 year warranty and their home office being located in Florida. I mainly use the EV Global for a daily commuter and ride the Phantom X on the weekends when the wife and I go out for the day. She has the Stride 500. I have owned them for about 9 months now and other than the annoying brake noise/adjustment they have been reliable and worth the cash I paid. Fast forward 9 months, and with the knowledge I have now, I would still recommend the bike to users that just want to turn the key and ride. IMHO I feel they are a solid bike for the money and worthy of our hard earned cash. I know some venders have tried to fool members with fake/ forced reviews in the past but I feel the OP is legit and actually owns the bike. I was just looking at the Outlaw Series the other day and really love it in white. I think it looks the part and the feature set is nice. The price is a little steep but cool looking none the less. I hope new members/reviewers are not going to be intimidated or even afraid to post legit reviews for fear of being attacked. This will hurt the forum and limit the flow of information I came here for in the first place.

Blackssr said:
I hope new members/reviewers are not going to be intimidated or even afraid to post legit reviews".

That's the point "legit review" like range, top speed, AH consumed, Wh/miles etc, not that kind of marketing publicity for free.
:roll: :roll:

For $2k I could build a much better ebike than the outlaw.. just saying.

Jason27 said:
For $2k I could build a much better ebike than the outlaw.. just saying.

Did you read my post? I stated that it is for a guy who wants to turn the key and ride.

Who wants to turn a key and ride something far inferior to what you can build for less money? :)

Production bikes have lagged behind what the hobbyist can put together for a loooooong time.
Any noob on here with a crystalyte HS/HT on a mountain bike has a more powerful, more efficient, and cheaper bike to own than someone who buys a prodeco.

Plus, you get the pride of knowing that you built it yourself. When it breaks, you have an idea of what went wrong.

neptronix said:
Who wants to turn a key and ride something far inferior to what you can build for less money? :)

Quite a few people do not have the time, knowledge or just do not want to be bothered building a bike. They just like riding rather than tinkering.

Blackssr said:
Quite a few people do not have the time, knowledge or just do not want to be bothered building a bike. :)

And it's the main reason why they came here to fix or to upgrade this "Top of the shelf bike" after its 2 years warranty…or during this warranty period like you do.

Blackssr said:
They just like riding rather than tinkering.
Most of them has never ride an ebike before …

Back