Problem mounting motor to dropouts

stompatompa

100 mW
Am I stupid or did bmsb put the wire-exit at the wrong place on this motor?
If I were to file the dropout I`m afraid the motor would sit very unstable in there.
I don`t have the tools to make the hole in the bearing deeper, althogh I could try with a drill but I think it would be really messy.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• tackajana.jpg
    tackajana.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 658
Maybe with a pair of opened spacers in each side to maintain the wheel centered and having a little space, but the wire will drag with the bearing case, and you would need to bend the frame to extend the axle length.

Where did you get that motor?

Got it from bms battery.
I tried with 2 open spacers and the wire exiting on the inside of the dropout but then the wire gets damaged when the motor is spinning. The wire has to exit straight out, it cannot be bent even a bit since it will make contact with the inside of the spinning motor :(

First, rotate the axle 180, so the wire exit is facing forward. Then use a washer or jam nut on the inside of the dropout to allow room, to bend the wires forward. Should be room to clear from what I see.

They completely frocked that one. The wire notch is not supposed to be on the flat side of the axle. You got yourself a nice paperweight there bro.

If you can find a very thin nut to use, Wesenwells idea will work. You'd end up spreading the frame a few mm, but 5 mm more will be plenty for the wire.

You do have room to do a pinch dropout, if you did feel like cutting room in the frame. Like this.mongoose pinch dropout.JPG

Then you'd cut room for the wire on the rear side of the dropout, letting it come out before the angle iron grips the axle.

stompatompa said:
Am I stupid or did bmsb put the wire-exit at the wrong place on this motor?
If I were to file the dropout I`m afraid the motor would sit very unstable in there.
I don`t have the tools to make the hole in the bearing deeper, althogh I could try with a drill but I think it would be really messy.

Any suggestions?
Yeah, bad machining process(BMS B. doesn't made these things, they just sell ém).
Send that pic to Jack Xie @ BMS B. and they will probably send you another one.

Back