Problem with battery right after unpacking

Quiron

1 µW
Hi all

I recently bought an Eleglide S1 Plus, I received my e-scooter last week and all seemed well at unpacking. (It's my fist e-scooter, I'm new at this)

After removing the protections and adjusting the devices, I turned on the scooter. The battery numerical display showed 36.7 (I'm assuming this is a percentage and it should go up to 100 or 99.9, right?)

Then I put it on charge. After 5h, the charger light changed from red to green and the battery pictogram in the main display showed full, but as the numerical display showed 41.9 (%?) I left it to charge for another hour.

One hour later (so 6h charging) nothing changed: the numerical display didn't change a decimal. So I disconnected it and let it cool down during the evening (even if it didn't feel hot).

The next day, I powered it on again and it showed the same 41.9 reading. Then I put it to charge again for one hour, to see what happened. And nothing did, I still had the same 41.9 reading.

The scooter didn't leave my apartment since arrival, I didn't even try the power on the wheel(s) yet.

Now, what would you guess is wrong with it? Would it be the numerical display or the battery itself?

I contacted the seller, they said they'd contact the manufacturer and I've been waiting for an answer for 4 days now.

I'm kind of hoping they will send me a new scooter and take back the old one. But I wonder if I should demand that, or if it's reasonable to accept their instructions to reset or calibrate something (?)

I'd appreciate any insight about the situation

Don't assume . The display is not showing percentage of charge . It is voltage. As speedmd said, your good to go.

Really?! :shock: :roll:

I'm feeling so dumb, now. I read the manual and they say nothing about it.

Thanks a lot, guys! Dumb & relieved ;)

Back