Prodeco Phantom X2

Thanks for your comments, Robert.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with delivery. Really frustrating when it is a Christmas gift.

It has to be difficult dealing with foreign parts suppliers. I know in my own business (not ebikes) that parts availability, delivery and specification changes drive me nuts and make delivery predictions inaccurate.

I haven't become familiar enough with the competition in this market segment. What else is comparable feature and cost-wise?

Whew! I almost ordered two Prodeco Bikes X2 & Stride R 500! And no bikes in stock? Doesn't say that on their website...I was looking at two weeks delivery max!

Looking elsewhere...Prodeco you just lost some business...glad I checked this forum prior to paying!!! Thanks...

now that a few of the phantom bikes are delivered,call them late ,at best, and the selling of production build slots for spring delivery, 2012 A.D. is now under way,( that is ok if the dealer doesnt cash the card with only a hope to ship date ,) you all know how that turned out last year,and if you believe the reply from the commander-in -cheif of PRODECO as to the cause of last years lack of product, and how his new schedule system will fix it or just put the blame on his authorized dealers. for taking to many orders(what ression) .Has any one got tired of the factoyr power plant? .what is the next hop-up?48v-15/20AH,fry the stock hub motor for lack of info ? , do you need a new rear hub motor?,a new controller?thanks ,ed

edaz40 said:
Has any one got tired of the factoyr power plant? .what is the next hop-up?48v-15/20AH,fry the stock hub motor for lack of info ? , do you need a new rear hub motor?,a new controller?thanks ,ed

I know another Phantom X owner has swapped out the 36V battery with a 48V 20AH ping with no problems using stock controller. He said at 48V it goes 27 mph on flat grade. My Phantom X recently got totalled in an accident. I'm not sure what I'll do with it now...motor still looks good but I have no way to test it with the battery busted. I probably break apart the motor to see exactly what it is. Not up to that right not but maybe in a couple of weeks I'll post some info.

baltiace1 said:
edaz40 said:
Has any one got tired of the factoyr power plant? .what is the next hop-up?48v-15/20AH,fry the stock hub motor for lack of info ? , do you need a new rear hub motor?,a new controller?thanks ,ed

I know another Phantom X owner has swapped out the 36V battery with a 48V 20AH ping with no problems using stock controller. He said at 48V it goes 27 mph on flat grade. My Phantom X recently got totalled in an accident. I'm not sure what I'll do with it now...motor still looks good but I have no way to test it with the battery busted. I probably break apart the motor to see exactly what it is. Not up to that right not but maybe in a couple of weeks I'll post some info.

Baltiace1, I've had my Phantom X for about a month now, over 240 miles, other than a broken weld on the rack from the long battery pac, I've really enjoyed it and it's been flawless performance.

One big gripe I have is the 20 mph restriction. The speed controller reduces the amps (confirmed with Cycle Analyst, great product!) down to zero amps at 20mph, then goes regen. Which btw, on a big down hill with full charge on battery, I've seen regens up to 12amp and 52 volts, so the controller should handle 48 volts, but ...not much fun, if you want to go faster than 20mph on the flats...So....

Can you PM the other Phantom X owner who went 48V? I've got a few questions about his conversion. I'm thinking about going with a Topeak rack, and DXP trunk bags to put the battery in....other considerations...

I dont have experience with this company/bikes.
I doubt that their controller is proprietary.
So you should be able to modify it.
Wish I could help more, I'm sure someone else will.
Just wanted to welcome a fellow Seinfeld fan.
I spent my dopey youth with Seinfeld as my religion.
Art Vandelay are you an architect? :lol:

I'm this close . :shock: .to pressing the buy it now button on eBay for a friend who wants one and i think i will when they answer my direct email :twisted:

all i want to know is who will do the warranty work in Canada when we buy it?

plus a lot of ambiguity when we ask about aha and extra battery.

hopefully one day we an go to home depot and buy it and all the parts off the shelf?

so simple and so complicated

arrrgggg!

I think it is such a nice looking,solid -USA bike and I want to buy in to the tech and the warranty!

but grand is a grand!

lot of money could come there way -IF-they answered the call ????

they are out there and they could if they wanted too :shock:

motorino magnet said:
I'm this close . :shock: .to pressing the buy it now button on eBay for a friend who wants one and i think i will when they answer my direct email :twisted:

all i want to know is who will do the warranty work in Canada when we buy it?

plus a lot of ambiguity when we ask about aha and extra battery.

hopefully one day we an go to home depot and buy it and all the parts off the shelf?

so simple and so complicated

arrrgggg!

I think it is such a nice looking,solid -USA bike and I want to buy in to the tech and the warranty!

but grand is a grand!

lot of money could come there way -IF-they answered the call ????

they are out there and they could if they wanted too :shock:

M Magnet,
I read a bunch about Prodeco on this site, and was skeptical too, until I picked up the phone and called them. Steve is great. Answered all my questions. He even checked his dealer inventory, found a bike in stock at one of his re-sellers, and 3 days later, it was in my garage. Great bike, and I was thinking about building one from scratch, but for the price this was a great way for me to "see" one done really well, and now I have a good idea on how I'd make the next one. ...still thinking about going 48v on the phantom x....

Its such a nicely welded bike and cheap :shock:

Thankfully we will figure it out here on endless sphere.

Maybe we can help them AKA -Phantom Triple XXXX :twisted:

Think i will buy it for fun for my friend-shes a girlie :oops:

We don't have any credibility since we are both nubs...

why doesn't any one else see how nice and cheap -and USA !

waiting for Pro deco and endless for input and jobs?

imagine making e bikes for he USA masses in house on Territory???

both the deems and the repletes :shock:

why cant we make million e-bikes here in north America ...!!!

big questions need big answers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry -drunk ND inebriated having finally won after a few years to get my 90 year old veteran mom -financially covered by Veteran's affairs...

why do we have to fight for sh!t we were soopsed to be given after we fought...

FR@@@ck in Bu4949949-shit

we here in Canada 0-the peacekeepers-have to fight with heses fools who are trying to rob Canada ----

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/rcmp-weighs-need-to-investigate-leaks-from-toewss-personal-life/article2344275/

and then we have to del with the subs we stupidly bought from the brits --- :roll: :twisted: :cry: :oops: :mrgreen:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/02/21/canada-submarines-natynczyk.html

its so embarrassing :oops: to be a Canadian

ever seen the brits laugh about it?

wont even send you the link :roll:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/02/21/canada-submarines-natynczyk.html

here it is cause Canadians got e - subs that were doa from the brits!

were still friends eh?

one day we will all come together to kick the bosses ass out ? right ?

i hope so :roll:

Art Vandelay said:
baltiace1 said:
edaz40 said:
Can you PM the other Phantom X owner who went 48V? I've got a few questions about his conversion. I'm thinking about going with a Topeak rack, and DXP trunk bags to put the battery in....other considerations...

Here's a copy of an email I got from the owner that modified the Phantom X to have a 48V Ping battery:
"The Ping batter cost me $600, but I'm selling my Prodeco one and getting $300 back. Very easy install. Ping wires up the charger lines for you, so I had to only run the red n black (Anderson connectors). I only had to search for the cooler bag (which was a perfect fit/Walmart).

Funny, but in order to secure the battery/bag, I bent the rack in the rear to form an "L". Then tie a secure strap to it.

I think going 27mph w/ peddling is mighty fast. Any other tweak will drain the battery. I think the stock controller does a good job of regulating the amps. But, who knows, maybe in the future I'll swap it out. Keep in mind, no more cruise control.

I was towing a really fast strong road bike guy the other day. He was tripping out. :p"

I'll PM you his email address.

Attachments

• Photo0187.jpg
    Photo0187.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,746
I had warranty work done. I pulled the end off of the battery case. One design flaw is a flexible rack for a heavy 19" inch lifepo4 battery. I just took the battery to the dealer and he did the rest. It was repaired. I'm thinking about replacing the battery and controller and going 72v 40a hopefully the motor can take it. I'm going with cellman this time cause I want to ride this to work and I don't want lipo's poping flames on company property. ~awkward~

Thanks b1,

That is really interesting that the stock controller can handle...I'm guessing the controller is still limiting to 20amps, so at 50v that's 1000w...motor will probably take that....amazing that he is not using a Cycle Analyst to see actual amps, volts, etc...Hmmmm

anyone want need a 36v 12ah LiFe4 19" long?....could be for sale soon.....

I'm going to go with a lyen controller but I'm leary of having to match up the hall wires. Hopefully Prodeco will provide info. Maybe I should just get a magic pie 3 or clyte so I don't have to deal with the halls at all.

Wanted to say that deal on eBay is no deal at all it's the price of the X2 but only has the 9ah smaller battery (not the old school 12ah) with the smaller 2amp charger. It's marked at $1300 but only worth $1100-$1200. Thanks everyone who is giving reviews

I also want to upgrade my Phantom X to the max Amps/voltage possible without too quickly destroying the motor.
I typically do short distances and really want the top speed possible for this stock 500-750watt??? motor.
Any and all feedback, configuration combinations and choices would be great.

>I've seen regens up to 12amp and 52 volts, so the controller should handle 48 volts, but ...not much fun, if you >want to go faster than 20mph on the flats...So...

Does anyone know what gear shifter is used on the Phantom X2?

I know the bike uses the Shimano Deore deraillers, so I am guessing the shifter is the Rapidfire. However, I can't find photos of the X2 which clearly shows the handlebar area. In some cases, pictures of the X2 I have located, are just photos of the Phantom X.

Hello all,

New Guy here. My name is Michael, I live in South Florida and I also have a Prodeco Phantom X that I purchased about 2 months ago. 500 Miles on it so far and really love the bike. I too am wishing for more top speed. Has anyone else tried a 48 Volt pack yet? I was wondering how that guy is making out long term with his ping upgrade. I already have a 48 Volt here but am afraid to try it for fear of burning out controller and having to deal with repair/replacement. I opened the OEM controller and it only has 50 volt caps, this is why I am hestitant to try 48 volts. I may purchase a spare controller from Prodeco. They are only 5 miles from my office and try that one. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mike

I wouldn't plug your 48V battery into your Prodeco. You will blow up the controller if you do! Your 48V battery is probably closer to 54V when fully charged. Most 48V controllers have 60V caps so there's a bit of room there. You can probably replace the controller with a higher voltage model if you can rewire the connections.

ambroseliao said:
I wouldn't plug your 48V battery into your Prodeco. You will blow up the controller if you do! Your 48V battery is probably closer to 54V when fully charged. Most 48V controllers have 60V caps so there's a bit of room there. You can probably replace the controller with a higher voltage model if you can rewire the connections.

I was afraid of that answer. I wonder how the member is getting away with Ping 48 then? Maybe his controller is a different model from mine? He does have an earlier version of the bike.
I thought about changing the controller to a more powerful/feature rich model but I would hate to ruin the clean looks of the bike by mounting a controller elsewhere on the bike. I would love peddle assist and cruise control. I am new at this whole ebike thing but learn fast. My first priority is to increase top speed on the bike, second is cruise control and twist trottle and last is peddle assist. I wonder if I can change the caps to 60 volts. Would the fets be ok? I have no problem buying a spare controller from Prodeco and using it for a test platform.

I have never done it, but the first thing I would do is change the caps. I don't know what FETs are in the controller. Can you take a look and report back? Perhaps post some photos and take some measurements of the controller dimensions...

Blackssr said:
I may purchase a spare controller from Prodeco. They are only 5 miles from my office and try that one.

Mike, how much do they want for spare controllers? Where did you buy your bike?

Back