Programming the Bafang Middrive BBS01+BBS02

How many USA Buyer would be interested in a group buy? Ordering 10 cables gets free shipping. I'd coordinate it but would need 7 people to commit to $30 each by Paypal. USA and Canada only. Any overages would be refunded the buyers. If there is enough interest we could get the price down to nearer $26 delivered.

I'd happily provide full disclosure, address, phone number, etc, to anyone interested. I am well known on another forum with 15,000 posts and dozens of sales of pieces and parts for Vespa scooters. No scam, just a way to get this done for myself and others at a more reasonable rate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 9.54.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 9.54.29 AM.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 4,111
tomjasz said:
How many USA Buyer would be interested in a group buy? Ordering 10 cables gets free shipping. I'd coordinate it but would need 7 people to commit to $30 each by Paypal. USA and Canada only. Any overages would be refunded the buyers. If there is enough interest we could get the price down to nearer $26 delivered.

I'd happily provide full disclosure, address, phone number, etc, to anyone interested. I am well known on another forum with 15,000 posts and dozens of sales of pieces and parts for Vespa scooters. No scam, just a way to get this done for myself and others at a more reasonable rate.
I'm in.

That's two of us. Five more

tomjasz said:

Count me in. Let us know how to remit and the deadline.

teslanv said:
Yes, you can De-rate the Current in the programming on the older BBS02 models. - Newly released model??? Hard to say. Bafang might have changed the Firmware.

Thanks Teslanv,
hopefully they changed there firmware not too much, so it will still be possible to change all the things which are found out on this forum.

Here's how I built a programming cable. It's probably not the cheapest but it's pretty easy and straightforward (meaning hard to mess up!).

Thanks Pexio. really helpful

I'm in as well....PM me for payment. thanks.

mclark999 said:
Maybe we start a loaner service. My 280Z forum started loaning out a custom made spindle tool. Would people be interred in paying like $10 plus postage to borrow/rent a cable and usb card?

I would pay $50 plus postage to rent a complete programming setup with software installed on an old windows xp laptop, especially if I could keep it for a few days to get the settings adjusted to my liking.

Mark

hi ,
just a question about the minimum cut off voltage of bbs02 or bbs01.Can i set the minimum cut off at 2.8v per cell, so in case of bbs02 it will be 36.4v and with bbs01 28v??
Any information about this???

savaoaknyc said:
hi ,
just a question about the minimum cut off voltage of bbs02 or bbs01.Can i set the minimum cut off at 2.8v per cell, so in case of bbs02 it will be 36.4v and with bbs01 28v??
Yes, I believe you can set the LVC to as low as 36V. I had mine programmed to 38V when I purchased it new (12S LiPo) but as soon as user programming became possible, I bumped it up to 42V, because I want my batteries to have a long meaningful life. And even then, I rarely discharge below 45V.

Hi

I am new in this forum. Yesterday I connected to my BBS01 and made some changes to some parameters. I followed the instructions in this thread when creating the programing cable.
I connected against the controller and pushed the read button, to fetch the information from my controller. After changing the Keep Current[%] and some other parameters, I push the write button. This was a success.

I connected the display and turned on the power. Everything looks normal. However, when I start to pedal the display only shows ERROR 11. Moreover, I am not able to connect against the controller with the cable I used to do the programming.

Do any of you have any experience with the ERROR 11?

svennis said:
Hi

I am new in this forum. Yesterday I connected to my BBS01 and made some changes to some parameters. I followed the instructions in this thread when creating the programing cable.
I connected against the controller and pushed the read button, to fetch the information from my controller. After changing the Keep Current[%] and some other parameters, I push the write button. This was a success.

I connected the display and turned on the power. Everything looks normal. However, when I start to pedal the display only shows ERROR 11. Moreover, I am not able to connect against the controller with the cable I used to do the programming.

Error 11 is "temperature sensor in controller abnormality" according to the manual.

Do you know if I should be able to connect again against the controller, to reverse the changes? On the other hand, do you think the controller broken?

I have ordered a new TTF usb and the cable from this link http://www.elektrofahrrad-einfach.de/products/Einzelkomponenten/Zubehoer/ELFEi-Zubehoer/ELFEi-Displayverlaengerung-fuer-Mittelmotor.html, to create a new programming cable. Maybe I manage to destroy the cable I created. It finds the correct COM port, I have tried both port 3 and 7.

No connection at all against the controller.

I don't know. If nothing is broken you should be able to reconnect. Mine reconnects fine every time. Remember that you have to connect the main battery to program it.

I attached a picture. It's a screenshot of my stock settings before I made any changes.

Attachments

• Stock01.jpg
    Stock01.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 3,844
Thanks for your help tahustvedt.

I think I will wait until the parts for the new cable arrives, before I do another try. The display looks normal after I have pushed the power button. The ERROR 11 only displays after I have start pedaling.

I hope that the motor/controller is OK, since it starts up fine after the power is switched on.

teslanv said:
savaoaknyc said:
hi ,
Yes, I believe you can set the LVC to as low as 36V. I had mine programmed to 38V when I purchased it new (12S LiPo) but as soon as user programming became possible, I bumped it up to 42V, because I want my batteries to have a long meaningful life. And even then, I rarely discharge below 45V.

thx, very much.In this case i will buy the new panasonic bd cells, i had some doubt about the programming to 36v cut off .At 40 low cut off or 3.0,3.1 cell level, they give around 2.8ah,which was not perfect for me.Just wanted to squeeze out the full 3ah of the cell,

Greets Sava.

savaoaknyc said:
thx, very much.In this case i will buy the new panasonic bd cells, i had some doubt about the programming to 36v cut off .At 40 low cut off or 3.0,3.1 cell level, they give around 2.8ah,which was not perfect for me.Just wanted to squeeze out the full 3ah of the cell,

Greets Sava.

Figure 15 whs per mile if riding a moderate PAS setting and 30 whs per mile if using throttle only, and size your battery accordingly. If your battery is too small, and cannot provide the required 25A continuous draw, it will not be a happy battery, and you will be buying another battery sooner than necessary.

tomjasz said:

I'm in.

svennis said:
Hi

No idea why the cable doesn't work but amigafan had issues with error 11 which he solved.
amigafan2003 said:
Sorted it - I was trying to program the amp limit from 18 to 20 at the same time - it was this causing the err 11 - so it seems the controllers have a max amp limit hardcoded somehow (still happy at how it perfoms at 18a though!).

teslanv said:
savaoaknyc said:

Greets Sava.

Figure 15 whs per mile if riding a moderate PAS setting and 30 whs per mile if using throttle only, and size your battery accordingly. If your battery is too small, and cannot provide the required 25A continuous draw, it will not be a happy battery, and you will be buying another battery sooner than necessary.

Thx so much.It's going to be 14s5p ncr18650bd.So at 1.6c i'll reach the maximum 25a, which is going to happen probably only on very steep hills in the mountain

Looks good. Those cells should be fine at 1.6C. I also see that they discharge down to 2.5V (I would assume that's under a full load) so your LVC would want to be pretty low, I suppose.

CdnE90 said:
tomjasz said:
How many USA Buyer would be interested in a group buy? Ordering 10 cables gets free shipping. I'd coordinate it but would need 8 people to commit to $30 each by Paypal. USA and Canada only. Any overages would be refunded the buyers. If there is enough interest we could get the price down to nearer $26 delivered.

I'm in.

That's five. 1 more needed to fund cost with shipping. 10 would bring the price to $26 landed at your door.

tomjasz
tesla
UpRider
joshseitz
CdnE90
mclark999
dumbass
jpo

Edited to add mclark999, dumbass, jpo

Numbers adjusted to cover cost of Priority mail. :oops: T

Sign me up for a cable

OK, sign me up for a cable. All I have to do is figure out how to make the payment on Pay Pal. And of course where to get the TTL that works on Win. 8 and how to wire it all up.

Bob

Back